replication jobs start a session, but nothing then happens with the job in DP 9.07

I have some replication jobs which run from 1 storeonce to another, where i can see session starts i.e i get a job number 2018/01/16-xxx, but after a while in will disapear from the Monitor queue, but in the internal database - sessions you can see the job there, and it shows in progress. but if you read the messages for that job you only get the following

[Normal] From: CSM@xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk "Job_Name" Time: 16/01/2018 05:00:11
Replication session 2018/01/16-153 started.

and nothing else.

If i start the job it generally works, so it seems to happen intermittently, as anyone seen this behavior before? I'm running DP 9.07

• Hello

At first step please upgrade to DP 9.09_116 and check the result. If issue still happen you will need to open support call and collect debugs reproducing issue.

Best Regards

• Why is the answer always - upgrade DP. 

I find it massive headachine getting approval for upgrading DP, and all clients. I would defentitly look to do it if you can find release notes that say my issue is fixed in that version, but otherwise i'd like a better reason to upgrade other than it "may fix it"

• If it helps, i've found every time the replication doesn't run i can see in event viewer under applications i can see the following event at the time the replication job should run. Any idea what is causing CSM.exe to crash?

Faulting application name: csm.exe, version: 9.0.109.0, time stamp: 0x5776e488

Faulting module name: ormapper.dll, version: 8.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5776e43a

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000048331

Faulting process id: 0x1edc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a16441542cab

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin\csm.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin\components\ormapper.dll

Report Id: 809a24b8-0d57-11e8-84e0-005056981af4

• Hi Helpdesk_User,

wrote:

If it helps, i've found every time the replication doesn't run i can see in event viewer under applications i can see the following event at the time the replication job should run. Any idea what is causing CSM.exe to crash?

Most likely there is a bug in CSM causing this unexpected abort. Get the latest patches installed and this issue should simply go away.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler