I would like to share a situation that´s happening on linux backup jobs after data protector cell manager upgrade.
The job starts correctly but once it reaches the point in log below, stays there undefinitely
[Normal] From: BSM@xxxrx4.xxx.com.br "Backup_XXXPPMAS01_Teste" Time: 7/28/2014 12:50:35 PM
Backup session 2014/07/28-63 started.
[Normal] From: BMA@xxxrx0 "Drive4_MSL4048_xxxrx0" Time: 7/28/2014 12:50:37 PM
STARTING Media Agent "Drive4_MSL4048_xxxrx0"
[Normal] From: BMA@xxxrx0 "Drive4_MSL4048_xxxrx0" Time: 7/28/2014 12:50:38 PM
Loading medium from slot 30 to device /dev/rmt/9mn
[Normal] From: VBDA@xxxppmas01.cvc.com.br "/" Time: 7/28/2014 12:51:41 PM
STARTING Disk Agent for xxxppmas01.xxx.com.br:/ "/".
I tested the comunication between the cliente / cell manager and its all fine.
I teste the client installation and worked fine too.
[Normal] Starting installation session on Monday, July 28, 2014, 1:24:56 PM...
[Normal] Getting list of clients for installation...
[Normal] Connecting to client xxxppmas01.xxx.com.br...
[Normal] <xxxppmas01.xxx.com.br> Checking for response from system xxxppmas01.xxx.com.br.
[Normal] Client xxxppmas01.xxx.com.br (Linux 2.6.18-238.el5) OK.
[Normal] Checking the installation on client xxxppmas01.xxx.com.br...
[Normal] Done: processes verification
[Normal] Done: configurations match verification
[Normal] Done: files verification
[Normal] Done. Version A.07.00 installed. Cell Manager and client hostname configuration match.
[Normal] Installation session finished on Monday, July 28, 2014, 1:24:59 PM.
Session completed successfully!
The tape is even loaded on the drive but the data never gets transfered.
Thanks for the help.