post exec

Hello

I have two questions regarding post-exec:

• In which situation the post exec script may not run?
  • There is an environment variable in which the SMEXIT = 10 which means: All Agents completed successfully, but not all files were saved.
    • Now my question is how can I get the list of not saved files?

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • PostExec is run when the Session Completes or completes with Errors/Failures

By Default it is not executed when you abort a session (set global variable PostExecOnAbortHostBackup=1 if you want it to be started then as well)

If you start the omnib-Command from a Script you can read the last Exit-Code and work your logic, f.E.:

/opt/omni/bin/omnib -datalist Drivetest_LTO3_2100
    tbok=$?
    if [ $tbok -ne 0 ]
    then
       <do something here>
    fi

Reading a List of saved Files is easy, not saved files might be bit more effort.

You may use the filtered Session-Messages to get what you want:

omnidb -sess <SessionID> -report warning

Since the output from that is quite variable it may take some skills taking it appart properly.

• PostExec is run when the Session Completes or completes with Errors/Failures

By Default it is not executed when you abort a session (set global variable PostExecOnAbortHostBackup=1 if you want it to be started then as well)

If you start the omnib-Command from a Script you can read the last Exit-Code and work your logic, f.E.:

/opt/omni/bin/omnib -datalist Drivetest_LTO3_2100
    tbok=$?
    if [ $tbok -ne 0 ]
    then
       <do something here>
    fi

Reading a List of saved Files is easy, not saved files might be bit more effort.

You may use the filtered Session-Messages to get what you want:

omnidb -sess <SessionID> -report warning

Since the output from that is quite variable it may take some skills taking it appart properly.

Children
No Data