Where to go now from 7.03, DP 8.12 or DP 9.01?

What is best choice for today, what version select to upgrade from 7.03, 8.12 or 9.01 ?

Parents
  • Hi,

I agree with Janez, 

There is a new release of GR patches for 8.12 which came out this week.

An MMR for 8.13 will follow in approx 3 weeks.

my advice would be to move to 8.12 and apply the latest pacth suite OR wait for the MMR

The fixes in the GR and MMR fixes DCBF corruptions which occur in certain circumstances and are highly recommended.

rgds,

Mike

• I agree there are some fixes in 8.13 that are not in version 9.01, those will come in a 9.x patch release coming soon.

Thanks

Geoff

• From my Experience I would tend more towards 9.xx.

Right now both Releases have quite some flaws that need to be fixed in the upcoming Patches.

Still for me the major flaws that caused a massivly corrupted IDB were fixed in 9.00 whereas I had to put quite some SSPs onto 8.10 to get things clean.

Totally agree with the previous posts that you should wait for the next Patches/Patchbundles before deciding.

• Please be sure that you have read the Product Announcements for each version of DP.  DP 8.0 intorduced a new IDB that has been very troublesome, but, its problems may have been straightened out by patches.  DP 8.1 introduced a totally new licensing scheme, so that your existing licenses will expire in 60 days.  You will need a whole new set fo licenses (no charge for these)

Decide why you want to upgrade.  If it is just to have the latest, my recommendation would be to stay at 7.03, unless you need one of the new features offered in the higher release

• Please be sure that you have read the Product Announcements for each version of DP.  DP 8.0 intorduced a new IDB that has been very troublesome, but, its problems may have been straightened out by patches.  DP 8.1 introduced a totally new licensing scheme, so that your existing licenses will expire in 60 days.  You will need a whole new set fo licenses (no charge for these)

Decide why you want to upgrade.  If it is just to have the latest, my recommendation would be to stay at 7.03, unless you need one of the new features offered in the higher release

Children