HP Data protector 6.2 upgrade to the latest

Hi,

i'm currently running the HP Data Protector 6.2 and want to upgarde/move on new system to the latest (probably 9.x), i have few questions before going ahead.

1. do i need to buy a new license or the current one can be migrated (export/impot).

2. where do i get the software if i dont have an active support agreement.

3. where can i find the steps & patches information to upgrade.

thanks

• I will answer for you....

1. do i need to buy a new license or the current one can be migrated (export/impot).

if you still have support then you can migrate your licenses to the new format in v9. Best to email HP licensing. See webware.hp.com

2. where do i get the software if i dont have an active support agreement.

you will need a SAID to login to the hp support site and download what you need. DP9 and 9.08 patches.

3. where can i find the steps & patches information to upgrade.

download patches from here:

https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/LID/DPWINBDL_00908

if your cell manager is 64-bit you can upgrade straight to v9 from 6.2. Once on v9 you can then install the 9.08 bundle.

NOTE:

check your online backups and operating systems to make sure your environment is fully supported in v9...

click KUDOS if this is helpful to you!

• thanks for your reply, this means in all the cases i need to have n active support. it doesnt allow me anything without that.

well apart from it, can i get the installation package from installation server to install on a new client and then import the client.

actually main issue i'm facing is that we added a new Hyper-V client and i wasnt able to complete installation from the cell manager so i thought if i could get the installation package i could give it a manual try.

thx.