Cannot Connect to Media Agent for XXXXXXX , Port 49006 (IPC Cannot Connect)

Hi,

I am having HPDP 6.21, When i take a backup of a Proxy server i get the below error message and job gets aborted.

[Critical]

From: BDA-NET@xxxxxx.xx.xxxx.xx "xxxxxx.xx.xxxx.xx [/CONFIGURATION]" Time: 4/16/2013 2:10:06 PM

Cannot connect to Media Agent on system xxxxx.xx.xxxx.xxx, port 49006 (IPC Cannot Connect) => aborting.

I have added the OB2PORTRANGE=49000-50000 and also OB2PORTRANGESPEC=xMA-NET:49000-50000 in omnirc and restarted the service and tried taking the backup. But still same issue.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Abdul 

Parents
  • Really does look like a Firewall issue, either a Hardware-Appliance or a Software-One. Especially on Linux you often forget that it also has a Firewall in place by default.

Make sure you have the same OB2PORTRANGE set up on all involved Systems (CM, MA, DA) and doublecheck that nothing blocks the Connections. Also check if maybe other Applications listen to the Ports within that Range.

On our site Tivoli Monitoring used part of the same Range, causing havoc until we separated them.

• Really does look like a Firewall issue, either a Hardware-Appliance or a Software-One. Especially on Linux you often forget that it also has a Firewall in place by default.

Make sure you have the same OB2PORTRANGE set up on all involved Systems (CM, MA, DA) and doublecheck that nothing blocks the Connections. Also check if maybe other Applications listen to the Ports within that Range.

On our site Tivoli Monitoring used part of the same Range, causing havoc until we separated them.

Children