System error: [138] The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

Hey,

after upgrading from DP 10.70 to 10.90 we get this error message from time to time:

System error: [138] The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

The problem occurs the most of the time during HANA Backups to a Linux StoreOnce Software Device, had anyone a similar issue regarding that error message?

Can´t find some entries when i asked Dr.Google or the DP Community so far.

Best regards

Markus

• Hello Markus

Please open a support case for to get a hotfix, as reference you can use this number OCTCR19Q1201443

Best Regards

• Will it be also fixed with 10.91 or 10.92?

• Seeing the same error in debug logs when trying to push HF from Win IS to Win DP client.

Session fails with...

[Critical] <clienthostname.fqdn>      Cannot start setup process from the OmniBack share on
        your Installation Server, system error:
        [87] The parameter is incorrect.
        (System error should give description of the problem.)

debug logs log at the same time...

[  4] 2021-12-22 12:06:34.747 ("/installnt/binarymaster/bm_setup.c $Rev$ $Date::                      $:":4265)
    [  4] [CLEAR 2]
        Marked: ("/lib/ipc/ipc.c $Rev$ $Date::                      $:":6533)
        Code is:3017  SystemErr: [138] The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

...all DP11P1.

Thinking anyone seen this before?

BR,
    Alex

• Hello

Does client belong to the same domain than installation server?

Best Regards

• Hi,

same domain.
    Everything else works fine... push install, update, check installation...just HF deploy fails.
    (never used that before...just starting to do so).

What file/files does OCTCR19Q1201443 exactly fix/patch?

BR,
    Alex

• Hi

Are you using HF from OCTCR19Q1201443 with DP 11P1? This patch is not for this version.

What is exactly the issue that you have and why do you need to install a hotfix? As far as I know still are not HF's available for such version.

Best Regards

• sorry, no.
    I am trying to debug why my hotfix-push from windows IS to windows client with GUI won't work.

Found this exact error in the debugs...which got me here.

[  4] 2021-12-22 12:06:34.747 ("/installnt/binarymaster/bm_setup.c $Rev$ $Date::                      $:":4265)
    [  4] [CLEAR 2]
        Marked: ("/lib/ipc/ipc.c $Rev$ $Date::                      $:":6533)
        Code is:3017  SystemErr: [138] The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

Opened a case... want to know what this is about.

BR,
    Alex