Retired Harware and Restore by Query

Hello,

DP 9.03, single cell

Our IDB has retired hardware listed from older backups but the Restore by Query wizard will only restore to existing harware, so it's not possible. How can this be overcome please?

Older backups are the most likely to require Restore by Query.

Thank you.

Parents
  • Hi Ken,

can you elaborate on this, you should be able to restore to new location in Destination tab options

best regards,

Dimitar

• Hi,

When you start the Restore by Query wizard, the search is restricted to a list of your current clients.

Our current file servers are called fs-01, fs-02 etc. but three years ago they were called nas-01, nas-02.

In the Restore context (Objects), these old devices are listed and I can browse the files and restore to a new location.

If I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, in the Restore context (Tasks) > Restore by Query, the old devices are not accessible as they don't exist.

Another way of posing the question is- how do I search the content of a backup that was backed up to hardware that no longer exists.

I've attached screenshots (with some blanking out) to show that an old device is not shown in Restore by Query.

• Hi,

When you start the Restore by Query wizard, the search is restricted to a list of your current clients.

Our current file servers are called fs-01, fs-02 etc. but three years ago they were called nas-01, nas-02.

In the Restore context (Objects), these old devices are listed and I can browse the files and restore to a new location.

If I don't know exactly what I'm looking for, in the Restore context (Tasks) > Restore by Query, the old devices are not accessible as they don't exist.

Another way of posing the question is- how do I search the content of a backup that was backed up to hardware that no longer exists.

I've attached screenshots (with some blanking out) to show that an old device is not shown in Restore by Query.

Children