Data Protector Client for HP-UX 11.31

Hi,

Is there Data Protector Client for HP-UX 11.31 or xomni?

I have installed Data Protector Cell server 6.20 on HP-UX 11.31 and the server is in US and timezone set as pacific time.

And i installed Data Protector Client on my Laptop but the timezone set is for India. So when i schedule backup it is taking India time and also when i run backup manually i see 2 different times in database session. So i don;t know exactly how long the backup taken to complete.

Is there any way to set time zone for Data Protector Client to Pacific time...I can't change the Latop time to pacific time becuase of local domain policy.

Thanks,

Narendra

Parents
  • You could use the JavaGUI on HP-UX CS or a local client with the correct time zone around to avoid the situation.

Did some tests with Data Protector 7.0. The Windows GUI translates the date/time of all server related items (schedule, session start and end times as well as session text) to your local time zone. The information on the CS match its local time. This looks ok for me. In my case the CS was running GMT 1, the client at GMT-8. The 9h time difference was visible everywhere. To do proper scheduling you should have a clock set to PST around. :)

Regards,
    Sebastian

• You could use the JavaGUI on HP-UX CS or a local client with the correct time zone around to avoid the situation.

Did some tests with Data Protector 7.0. The Windows GUI translates the date/time of all server related items (schedule, session start and end times as well as session text) to your local time zone. The information on the CS match its local time. This looks ok for me. In my case the CS was running GMT 1, the client at GMT-8. The 9h time difference was visible everywhere. To do proper scheduling you should have a clock set to PST around. :)

Regards,
    Sebastian

Children