HP MSL5030更换为MSL6030相关疑问

我现在这儿有这么一个情况。
一台MSL5030  安装的A.06.11 版本的,想要把MSL5030带库换成MSL6030。这样是只需要将MSL5030拆下,然后把MSL6030安装上就行吗?DP软件版本需不要要升级呢?请各位大神指教,谢谢!
Parents

• wrote:

I now have such a situation here . A version A.06.11 installed MSL5030 , MSL5030 tape library want to replace the MSL6030. This is simply to remove the MSL5030 , MSL6030 and then installed on the line on it? DP version of the software do not need to upgrade it ? Great God please enlighten , thank you !

It is possible to add the new library while the old one is still present in the cell. This is good for migration since you can verify operation of the new library before redirecting any backups/copies. This surely depends if the libraries are SCSI, SAS or FC attached to the Media Agent. Please make sure to configure the same block size (configured on the backup device) on all backup devices in the cell.

Please consider upgrading to a recent Data Protector release such as A.09.07_110. There is no support for version A.06.11 anymore.

Please use the Accept Solution button next to my post and assign a KUDO (thumbs up icon) if this works for you.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

• Thank you for your answer.
    Now the user is trying to replace the MSL5030 with MSL6030. You mean that as long as the configuration is consistent, you can directly replace the machine, do not upgrade DP software is also possible to do?

• Verified Answer

They can do a 1:1 replacement, but I would create a new logical library device for MSL6030 in Data Protector instead of changing the old MSL5030 configuration. If something goes wrong they can plug the old library in and are ready to go.

Regardless if they use Autoconfigure or create the Library manually in Data Protector Devices & Media they should revisit every available configuration option for the library and the drives (compare with the old devices). Perform backup and restore tests before redirecting any backups/copies.

The software upgrade should be recommended after everything works as expected. The MSL6030 is fully operational with A.06.11.

Please use the Accept Solution button next to my post and assign a KUDO (thumbs up icon) if this works for you.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

• Verified Answer

They can do a 1:1 replacement, but I would create a new logical library device for MSL6030 in Data Protector instead of changing the old MSL5030 configuration. If something goes wrong they can plug the old library in and are ready to go.

Regardless if they use Autoconfigure or create the Library manually in Data Protector Devices & Media they should revisit every available configuration option for the library and the drives (compare with the old devices). Perform backup and restore tests before redirecting any backups/copies.

The software upgrade should be recommended after everything works as expected. The MSL6030 is fully operational with A.06.11.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

Children
No Data