I'm curious to hear what others think about the new DP 10 scheduler.
Personally, I hate it and feel it may be time consider replacing DP with a different product. Given the problems already reported with this change, I'm in no hurry to deploy DP 10 to any of my production cells.
My 1st impression complaints:
1) The job schedule is no longer a tab on the specification definition; now it is a totally different screen/view that looks nothing like the GUI, and making it more difficult to visualize the schedule.
2) Job schedules must now be given a name. This is ok, but at minimum new schedules should be pre-populated with the backup/copy/report name. Why make it necessary to re-type, or copy a schedule name?
3) Since no CLI commands exist for manipulating schedules, scripts/editors could be leveraged with the old scheduler txt files. Now that option is no longer available since schedules reside in the IDB.
4) In my environment the scheduler fails to render correctly using IE (default browser on Server 2012 installations), the editing icons are invisible.
5) Once I've edited a schedule, I cannot edit a different schedule unless I close the GUI and relaunch, or reselect the cell from the cell selection dialog.