Enhacenment Request for DP7 : change priority of queued DP sessions

Hi experts

It would be very useful the ability to priorize a session that was queued in time later than others.

May that be considered for future versions?

Thank you in advance

Parents
  • Hi,

8.1* and 9.* versions have the Advanced Scheduler feature which allows you to set priorities for scheduled jobs

best regards,

Dimitar

• Yes, ABR-PR feature introduced with DP 9.02 allows to set priority in the schedule (advanced schedule). This is done before starting the job which is different from the actual queuing which happens once the job has  started.

• Thank you very much for all the answers

I have seen in this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_4gSYl2i8I that Priority is managed as a fixed value in a Backup Specification among 1000 (highest priority) and 5000 (lowest priority)

Will this feature be added to DP 7?

I suppose that the first backup session that gets an available drive among all the sessions that are queued is the one that has the highest priority configured. Is that correct?

The other feature that would be very useful would be the ability to change (dinamycally / on demand) the priority of a queued/released session in order to priorize over the rest of queued sessions. Is that feature alredy available? If not, is it planned to be developed?

• Thank you very much for all the answers

I have seen in this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_4gSYl2i8I that Priority is managed as a fixed value in a Backup Specification among 1000 (highest priority) and 5000 (lowest priority)

Will this feature be added to DP 7?

I suppose that the first backup session that gets an available drive among all the sessions that are queued is the one that has the highest priority configured. Is that correct?

The other feature that would be very useful would be the ability to change (dinamycally / on demand) the priority of a queued/released session in order to priorize over the rest of queued sessions. Is that feature alredy available? If not, is it planned to be developed?

Children