Expired copy job data still existing on storeonce

Hi All,

We have copy jobs that run post backup and replicate across data centres to an identical storeonce setup.

The protection for the copy jobs it set to "same as source". Recently I have been receiving warning messages about storeonce space and upon investigating, it appears that the catalyst stores still have copy job data going back to 2015. I have looked at house keeping information from the storeonce GUI and it does appear that some catalyst space is being reclaimed so I'm not sure why this data still exists.

After having a google around, it isn't immediately clear how I would remove this data. Any advice would be welcomed!

Regards,

Current data protector version 9.09

Current storeonce firmware revision  3.13.3-1612.1

Parents
  • Data Protector has a periodic task for removal of expired B2D media. This task calls MMA (media agent for maintenance operations) to delete items from StoreOnce. This operation may fail, e.g. MMA cannot connect to StoreOnce, connection limits exceeded, etc. By default, Data Protector will export media from MMDB even if they failed to delete. If this happens, there could be StoreOnce items left on the device that is no longer managed by Data Protector.

This behaviour can be changed by setting global option DeleteUnprotectedMediaForce=1. This prevents export of media if they failed to be deleted from StoreOnce, at the cost of keeping versions (and their catalog) in IDB past their expiration date, which increases disk usage on Cell Server.

I suggest you monitor media sessions (i.e. via a daily or weekly report) for issues during deletion and deal with the with priority.

Changing the DeleteUnprotectedMediaForce does not retroactively remove orhpaned StoreOnce media, though. For that you should contact support and they can provide a script to analyze the store and remove orphaned items.

• Data Protector has a periodic task for removal of expired B2D media. This task calls MMA (media agent for maintenance operations) to delete items from StoreOnce. This operation may fail, e.g. MMA cannot connect to StoreOnce, connection limits exceeded, etc. By default, Data Protector will export media from MMDB even if they failed to delete. If this happens, there could be StoreOnce items left on the device that is no longer managed by Data Protector.

This behaviour can be changed by setting global option DeleteUnprotectedMediaForce=1. This prevents export of media if they failed to be deleted from StoreOnce, at the cost of keeping versions (and their catalog) in IDB past their expiration date, which increases disk usage on Cell Server.

I suggest you monitor media sessions (i.e. via a daily or weekly report) for issues during deletion and deal with the with priority.

Changing the DeleteUnprotectedMediaForce does not retroactively remove orhpaned StoreOnce media, though. For that you should contact support and they can provide a script to analyze the store and remove orphaned items.

Children