Client Installation agent

Hi 

currently i have DP 9.0, i have got a few new server to add in DP 9. i need to know which client agents do i need to install during the client installation. below are the type of server 

1. Domain controller   ( Physical Server)

2. Additional domain controller ( Virtual Hyper-v server)

3. Remote Gateway RDS 2012 ( Physical Server).

4. Application server including SQL on it  (Virutal Hyper-v VM) i need to take full image and SQL Level backup.

Thank you 

Parents
  • see below for what you need per client.....

1. Domain controller   ( Physical Server) - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from the domain controller

2. Additional domain controller ( Virtual Hyper-v server) - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from the domain controller

3. Remote Gateway RDS 2012 ( Physical Server). - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from this server

4. Application server including SQL on it  (Virutal Hyper-v VM) i need to take full image and SQL Level backup. - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery (for full image recovery options) and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from this server. Also MS SQL Integration for online backups of the SQL DB. As an option you can use the virtual environment and VSS integration if you want to backup the hyper-v image....

• see below for what you need per client.....

1. Domain controller   ( Physical Server) - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from the domain controller

2. Additional domain controller ( Virtual Hyper-v server) - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from the domain controller

3. Remote Gateway RDS 2012 ( Physical Server). - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from this server

4. Application server including SQL on it  (Virutal Hyper-v VM) i need to take full image and SQL Level backup. - disk agent, Automatic Disaster Recovery (for full image recovery options) and maybe media agent if you want the data to go straight to tape from this server. Also MS SQL Integration for online backups of the SQL DB. As an option you can use the virtual environment and VSS integration if you want to backup the hyper-v image....

Children
  • Thanks for information. 

i have looked in to the current clients some of the physical server for other application & domain controllers are missing Automatic disaster recovery option, can i install this agent again on them without any issues & continue the regular backups.

2. can i know the restore process for Active Directory ( Physical & Virtual Servers).  Remote desktop Gateway server, or any other physical server.

Thank you