Send SNMP from Windows Cellserver

Hi,

i checked the documentation:

"On Windows systems

On a Windows Cell Manager, SNMP traps are sent to the systems configured in the Windows SNMP traps configuration. You need to configure Windows SNMP traps to use the SNMP send method on Windows systems."

This is not helpfull at all.... SNMP is already activated, nothing happens.

Parents
  • Verified Answer

Hello ,

You're right, the documentation is incomplete. I have requested an update. This will take a few days. Important for the Windows Cell Manager is that you need to re-create the OVdests and OVfilter files. The are not properly encoded for a Windows system. I asked support to fix this in the next release.

If you just change them omnisv status may not report the SNMP destination.

So the OVdests file should look like this.

trap-dest: monitoring1.domain.com trap-dest: monitoring2.domain.com

The OVfilter may look like this, if you want to exclude messages in normal and minor events. Other valid options are major, critical and warning.

normal minor

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

• Verified Answer

Hello ,

You're right, the documentation is incomplete. I have requested an update. This will take a few days. Important for the Windows Cell Manager is that you need to re-create the OVdests and OVfilter files. The are not properly encoded for a Windows system. I asked support to fix this in the next release.

If you just change them omnisv status may not report the SNMP destination.

So the OVdests file should look like this.

trap-dest: monitoring1.domain.com trap-dest: monitoring2.domain.com

The OVfilter may look like this, if you want to exclude messages in normal and minor events. Other valid options are major, critical and warning.

normal minor

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

Children
No Data