Data Protector with granular recovery extension on vCenter 5.1

Dear All,

I am starting to integrate the DP GRE with vCenter 5.1. 

I am using the evaluation license on vCenter 5.1 at t his moment, can I use install GRE web plug-in compoent in this vCenter?

Why I ask this because I got the error message as below

There was a problem during VMware Granular Recovery Extension Web Plug-In installation. Check if the target system has VMware vCenter Server installed and configured

Would you mind to share your valuable experience if have this error occur before?

Thanks.

Parents
  • Hi All

I have the same problem as described here.

Followed the installation as statet in the doc and here

- Added vCenter Server as "Disk Agent" Client

- Added vCenter Server as VMware vCenter

- Try to install GRE Extension > i receive the same error

I tried to install the extension with cli on the CM Server and on the vCenter server. Allways the same error.

Additional the second (or third) time i tried to install the extension, I receive following error

"{30692C3E-7A60-4BD4-B021-213055B1810F}: related product unexpectedly absent from the system."

Unfortunately there is not much information in the web about these problems.

If I try to install the GRE Extension on the vCenter by running setup.exe (from the x8664 folder on installation disk) I can not find the GRE Extension (there is the Sharepoint and Exchange GRE, VMware legacy integration, VMware VAE Integration, with others but no VMware GRE Extension).

If I look at the vCenter drive, i do not see the "webapps\VMWareGRE" folder.

Also I don't find the "vmwgre_wp.cmd" script, neither on the CM nor on the VC Server.

I use following Versions:

- vSphere and vCenter Server : 5.1

- DataProtector : 7.0 with Patch DPWINBDL_00701

As said, everything works fine

- VMbased Backups

- VMware Site Recovery Manager

- and so on

The question(s) I have:

- is there anything else I can make?

- cause security requirements, the vCenter server is not part of the domain (just a workgroup server)

Any input will be appreciated.

regards

giusi

• Hi ,

Could you please try delete the vCenter server delete and add it again?

0.delete the directory webapps\VMWareGRE and remove gre plugin from http://Vc/mob ->content->extension manager.

1.Add the VC server as a client with Virtual Environment Agent.

2.Import the same client as Virtual Center server.

3.Now add components for Vmware GRE and extension.

• Hello Ranjit -

I am having exact issue with DP 7.00 and vCenter 5.1 (cab't install web plug in). the solution you provided isn't working, In fact it does not apply for vCenter 5.1 I guess. 

Thanks,

~Bish 

EMC Corp.

• Hi

try if You can get following patches:

SSPNT700_014

SSPNT700_017

After installing these patches, I could install the GRE Plugin

gruss

giusi

• kindly share the download link for downloading the SSPNT700_014 and so on pathces to install GRE web plugins

Reply Children