Critical] [110:1027] Error connecting to cliente [53] The network path was not found.

Dear

I am getting the following error when I try to add a client or add components. in OpenVMS v8..3. Operative System, I need to view the disks. How Could I add to client in Cell Manager ?.

The details message:

[Normal] Starting installation session on 25 July 2016 08:55:33..

[Normal] Getting list of clients for installation...

[Normal] Done. [Normal] Expanding and checking clients to be installed...

[Normal] Connecting to client lxxxxxx [Critical] [110:1027] Error connecting to cliente

[53] The network path was not found.

I had checked the services in OpenVMS v8..3.

Lxxxxxx> TCPIP SHOW SERVICES

Service             Port  Proto    Process          Address            State

BAB_AGENT           6050  TCP      ASO$AGENT        0.0.0.0             Disabled

FTP                   21  TCP      TCPIP$FTP        0.0.0.0             Enabled

OMNI                5555  TCP      OMNI$INET        0.0.0.0             Enabled

RDBSERVER            611  TCP      RDB72            0.0.0.0             Enabled

SMTP                  25  TCP      TCPIP$SMTP       0.0.0.0             Enabled

TELNET                23  TCP      not defined      0.0.0.0             Enabled

XDM                  177  UDP      TCPIP$XDM        0.0.0.0             Enabled

Parents
  • Hi efrain5,

the Data Protector OpenVMS client (PSCI file located on the Windows media kit, OPENVMS folder) must be installed locally. When this is done the client can be directly imported to the cell. From the TCPIP SHOW SERVICES output it can see the installation was already done and the services are up and running.

Please use the Data Protector GUI, Clients context => Import Client or the command omnicc -import_host Lxxxxxx from the Cell Manager to add the OpenVMS client to the cell. Modifications of the components can only be done using PRODUCT command.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

• Hi efrain5,

the Data Protector OpenVMS client (PSCI file located on the Windows media kit, OPENVMS folder) must be installed locally. When this is done the client can be directly imported to the cell. From the TCPIP SHOW SERVICES output it can see the installation was already done and the services are up and running.

Please use the Data Protector GUI, Clients context => Import Client or the command omnicc -import_host Lxxxxxx from the Cell Manager to add the OpenVMS client to the cell. Modifications of the components can only be done using PRODUCT command.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

Children
  • Sebastian

When I used Data Protector GUI, Clients context => Import Client in the Cell Manage is in hold and can not import the client and;

I did the import manually and it was message.

C:\Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omnicc -import_host LFPROD
    [12:1625] Import host failed.
    System error: [10060] Connection timed out

Some recomendations possible.

• Are you able to telnet LFPROD 5555 from Cell Manager and telnet CellManager 5555 from the client LFPROD? If not a firewall might block the communication or the system or name resolution does not work. It is important that the Cell Manager can resolve the client name AND the client can resolve the Cell Manager name properly via DNS or host file to allow the import.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler