Backup Navigator 9.20 installation

Can anyone please advise the installation destination of the Backup Navigator software and the PostgreSQL database on RHEL 6.4? Is /opt/apache-tomcat the primary destination for the software? I cannot find any information on this in the scant documentation available...

Many thanks

Parents
  • Hey kee1in,

valid question. The software will be stored in /opt/dpa-ext and /opt/agent. apache-tomcat will usually be installed in /opt as well. The default path for the PostgreSQL database is /var/lib/pgsql/9.4. This depends if you choose a manual or scriped installation. I would go for the scripted installation since it does most of the work for you.

Please use Backup Navigator 9.30 for new deployments.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

• Hey kee1in,

valid question. The software will be stored in /opt/dpa-ext and /opt/agent. apache-tomcat will usually be installed in /opt as well. The default path for the PostgreSQL database is /var/lib/pgsql/9.4. This depends if you choose a manual or scriped installation. I would go for the scripted installation since it does most of the work for you.

Please use Backup Navigator 9.30 for new deployments.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

Children
  • Thank you Sebastian.

Yes, it does seem to span multiple locations, so I've had to create some symbolic links. I was at least able to specify another path for the PostgreSQL database during installation (though quite stangely, it also created in the default location - lets hope it won't also populate the DB in both locations!).

Last I looked, 9.30 was still just being trialled...