DP9: pg_xlog_archive getting full

I have asked this before and was told when the IDB gets backed up the files here go away.  Well, they don't.  I have over  350 files in it dating back over a month.  We run a daily backup of the IDB and have the option to Delete backed up archive log files checked.  Is there another way to clean this up?  I have just run a manual backup now and the logs are still there. 

Tags:

Parents
  • Verified Answer

Hi Vince

one of the great things about DP using the PostGresql database engine is that its open soure and has been around for a long time. 

on the WAL logs not getting delated - im running my own backups right now to check on what beavior i see but also came across this blog i thought id share

http://blog.endpoint.com/2014/09/pgxlog-disk-space-problem-on-postgres.html

how much space is being consumed by the PG_xlogs? is this growing or capping out?

are there any warnings in your PG_logs? (BTW these should be a few KB occasionally larger, you worry when these are getitng to be a few MB each, this is indicative of some SQL statement errors or acrhiving problems

• how much space is being consumed by the PG_xlogs? is this growing or capping out?

It is currently 5Gb and 350 files.  I haven't been checking if it is growing or capping at this but the last log was dated back to Oct 1.  Not sure what was done then to make them disappear and restart then.

I'll take a look at the link.

Thanks!

• how much space is being consumed by the PG_xlogs? is this growing or capping out?

It is currently 5Gb and 350 files.  I haven't been checking if it is growing or capping at this but the last log was dated back to Oct 1.  Not sure what was done then to make them disappear and restart then.

I'll take a look at the link.

Thanks!

Children
No Data