Copying StoreOnce to another StoreOnce and another

I haeve 3 StoreOnce appliances.  They are IHT, FDC, and WI.  The main one, IHT, I do all the backups to.  I would like to copy the backups to FDC and WI automagically and often.  I have created jobs that I could schedule via the tool but I was wondering if it can be done via cron? 

Parents
  • Hi

If you are using StoreOnce appliances, why don't you use Replication feature.? without doubts this is the best choose.

About Replication
    The Data Protector replication functionality enables you to replicate objects between two Backup to Disk (B2D) devices capable of replication, without transferring data through Media AgentsA process that controls reading from and writing to a device, which reads from or writes to a medium (typically a tape). During a backup session, a Media Agent receives data from the Disk Agent and sends it to the device for writing it to the medium. During a restore or object verification session, a Media Agent locates data on the backup medium and sends it to the Disk Agent for processing. For a restore session, the Disk Agent then writes the data to the disk. A Media Agent also manages the robotics control of a library.. You can select a backup session, object copy sessionA process that creates an additional copy of the backed up data on a different media set. During an object copy session, the selected backed up objects are copied from the source to the target media., or object consolidation sessionA process that merges a restore chain of a backup object, consisting of a full backup and at least one incremental backup, into a new, consolidated version of this object.. During the replication session, Data Protector reads the objectSee backup object. from the session being replicated and initiates the replication from the source B2D deviceSee backup device. to the target device.

The result of a replication session is a copy of all objects from the session you specified.

The following characterize the replication functionality:

Start of session

A replication session can be started interactively or automatically.

Selection of target devices

You can filter the devices capable of replication and select an appropriate one.

Protection policy

You can set the protection See data protection and catalog protection. periods for the source objects and the object copies A copy of a specific object version that is created during an object copy session or a backup session with object mirroring. independently.

You can start a replication session interactively or specify an automated start of the session.

If you still want use copy option use ombiobjcopy command for to schedule backups from cron.

omniobjcopy

Usage synopsis:

omniobjcopy -version | -help

omniobjcopy -copylist CopySpecificationName
    -scheduled
    [GeneralOptions]

omniobjcopy -copylist CopySpecificationName
    -postbackup
    -session SessionID
    [GeneralOptions]

omniobjcopy -replist ReplicationSpecificationName
    -scheduled
    [GeneralOptions]

omniobjcopy -replist ReplicationSpecificationName
    -postbackup
    -session SessionID
    [GeneralOptions]

Best Regards

• I have the replication box checked in the specification.  What else do I need to have it do it automagically?

Thanks for the reply too.

• Hello

maybe you have created in wrong place, it must be done into Object Copy-Automated-Scheduled-create new copy job

At the end of configuration you must have schedule tab where is possible schedule execution.

Best Regards

• I have it set up there, at least I think I do using replication (see earlier message)

The issue is running it from cron so I don't have to manaully enter it hour after hour after hour.

And I do get an error when I click on the Advanced button too.

• Hi

Not sure if I have understood well which is you enviroment but here are my two cents.

1º Your are running replication session using foreing cell..it means ARS Automated Replication Synchronization

2º The copy job used ofr that purpose is Hourly_Archive_Log_Copy

3º From this job using schedule tab you are able to configure schedule options

4º This Schedule is not enough because you want schedule job for each hour. Therefore is necessary to use Advance Scheduler but you get error message trying to open it.

Could be error something like this one? Please check attachment

In such case please open support case for to clarify this topic, as far as I can see is not possible use Advanced scheduler for to run ARS job, Documentation didn't mention this explicity but seems to be that is not possible.

Not sure if error showed above is a limitation or bug.

Best Regards

• Hi

Not sure if I have understood well which is you enviroment but here are my two cents.

1º Your are running replication session using foreing cell..it means ARS Automated Replication Synchronization

2º The copy job used ofr that purpose is Hourly_Archive_Log_Copy

3º From this job using schedule tab you are able to configure schedule options

4º This Schedule is not enough because you want schedule job for each hour. Therefore is necessary to use Advance Scheduler but you get error message trying to open it.

Could be error something like this one? Please check attachment

In such case please open support case for to clarify this topic, as far as I can see is not possible use Advanced scheduler for to run ARS job, Documentation didn't mention this explicity but seems to be that is not possible.

Not sure if error showed above is a limitation or bug.

Best Regards

Children
No Data