Load Balance set to Min1-Max1 yet jobs still 'lock' multiple drives

Added a second drive to our library and added the second drive as a destination target to all existing backup jobs. Load balancing was enabled for all the existing jobs so to avoid writing to two tapes I set the Min/Max to 1:1. Backup tasks do correctly write to only a singe drive BUT it appears to still often grab both drives (status shows Inactive/Waiting for both drives on one job and on another concurrent job one device shows Running and the other Inactive/Waiting)

From reading about Load Balancing this doesn't seem to be correct behavior. Is there another option other than recreating all existing jobs? 

Parents
  • Showing unsued Devices as Inactive/Waiting is quite normal for a Balancing enabled Backup.

But it should not lock the unused ones, I know of bugs regarding that with Object-Copies and FileLibraries, but not with Backups and physical Devices.

Have you set up Lock-Names for the devices? If so, are they different?

Two Device-Configs with the same Lock-Name are treated as the same Device, ancient requirement from when DP didn't support Multipath-Devicepolicies.

• Showing unsued Devices as Inactive/Waiting is quite normal for a Balancing enabled Backup.

But it should not lock the unused ones, I know of bugs regarding that with Object-Copies and FileLibraries, but not with Backups and physical Devices.

Have you set up Lock-Names for the devices? If so, are they different?

Two Device-Configs with the same Lock-Name are treated as the same Device, ancient requirement from when DP didn't support Multipath-Devicepolicies.

Children
No Data