Enhanced Incremental

Hi

I am busy testing enhanced incremental backups.
A full backup was run yesterday which was successful.I enabled the enhanced incremental option for all the backups before the incremental backups could start tonite.

Upon observing the incremental backups I had the following warning

Incremental backup will not run in the enhanced mode until a full backup is performed

But a full backup was performed yesterday !!!!

Any ideas

Thanks
Minesh
Parents Reply Children
  • I have the same problem, the full backup had the "Enhanced incremental backup" option enabled and completed OK but the subsequent bakcups (Incr1 is the type) display the message:

"Missing Enhanced Incremental full backup for
        WinFS xyz.mydomain.local:".
        Incremental backup will not run in the enhanced mode until
        a full backup is performed."

Version 7.0 with all patches installed (Internal Version 105).

Any help will be appreciated!

• Are these using the same datalist or did you have one for the Full backup and another for the Incremental?

If you are using two lists (Different retention for the backups can be handled by the schedule and therefore requires only one datalist for daily, weekly and monthly.) then the reason could be the following:

1) Check the "Description" field on the options tab

and

2) Make sure that the datalist owners are the same

If you are using just the one datalist, has anyone changed the above two items between runs or have you started the the incremental from the GUI with no owner being set on the datalist i.e. DP can't find a full backup and therefore switches to a Full backup.

• Mark is correct, the Backup will only work if all three Elements Clientname, Mountpoint AND Description are identical between Full and incr-Backups.

You should also check if there is another non-enhanced Backup runs in between that interrupts your Restore-Chain.

• Mark is correct, the Backup will only work if all three Elements Clientname, Mountpoint AND Description are identical between Full and incr-Backups.

You should also check if there is another non-enhanced Backup runs in between that interrupts your Restore-Chain.