So here is my setup:
- Win 2012 R2 CM
- D2D HP StorageWorks D2D4106fc - G02
- MSL MSL G3 Series
- DP 9.1
Here is how we do our backups:
- Daily inc2 from Monday to Thursday on D2D, Data and Catalog protected 4 weeks
- Inc1 on Friday on D2D , Data and Catalog protected 4 weeks
- In the morning, DP take the sessions of the last 24 hours and copy them to a tape on the MSL , Data and Catalog protected 4 weeks
- Full on first friday of the month on the D2D. Once finished, sessions are copied on a tape on the MSL.
- If its first Friday of January, April, July or October, it’s a Quarterly backup. Catalog is protected 52 weeks and data 364 weeks.
- If its first Friday of any other months, it’s a Monthly backup. Catalog is protected 52 weeks and data 52 weeks.
Here is the problem:
I am trying to restore this file that was corrupted on January 21st.
The most recent copy that we have of this file is on a Quarterly backup made on first Friday of January.
Here is the file I try to restore: http://i.imgur.com/Ly3d3UJ.png
You can see it was backup on January 2nd : http://i.imgur.com/B9A0bNt.png
You can see the backup and modify time: http://i.imgur.com/SbgJZBz.png
Here is the media tab… all in the MSL ready to restore: http://i.imgur.com/XkZ12gh.png
Here is the copies tab http://i.imgur.com/sVIZET8.png
And the properties http://i.imgur.com/TehN6zb.png
Here is the result I get… http://i.imgur.com/Xej74qt.png
[62:1009] No objects to restore. Session will be aborted!
I tried with other files from other servers that are backed up on the same tapes…
It’s not the first time I get that error but I usually was able to get around it if there was still a copy on the D2d or something…
I need to be able to restore files that we put on tape…
Why does it tell me there is no object to restore when I obviously selected one ?
Can you help me ?