monitoring the backup done by HP Data Protector

Does anyone know any related work about:
1- Monitoring the backup done by HP Data Protector using Nagios or Icinga
2- Monitoring the backup done by HP Data Protector by any other monitoring tool
3- Monitoring the backup in general??

Thanks

Parents
  • You can use the EndOfSession Notification to trigger a Script or Command to send a Message to Nagios. Customizable to include every Session-Status or Just ones with errors.

To monitor running Sessions you would need to write a Wrapper-Script around omnistat command. Don't know of any Tool that would integrate realtime reporting on that.

• Thanks for your replies and suggestions.

I ask my question more concrete:

There are some monitoring tool to monitor the backup by HP DP as an example:

1) BRICK  2) HP Backup navigator  3) use nagios/Icinga to create plug-in

I do not know if there are any other solutions than these three.

I just want to know which one is more reliable? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

• We use Xymon monitoring and I have written an external script that tracks the number of:

Mount Requests

backups Running

Backups Queing

Copies Running

Copies Queing

Retores Running

Retores Queuing

This is obtained from parsing the output of omnistat.

It probably isn't what you had in mind but we find it useful.

Jeremy

• Put this in cron

#Backup reports

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -html -report list_sessions -timeframe 24 24 -email xxx@xxx.com

# Media report

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -html -report used_media -timeframe 24 24 -email xxx@xxx.com

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -html -report used_media_extended -timeframe 24 24 -email xxx@xxx.com

# Session Flow Report

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -report session_flow -timeframe 168 168 -html -email xxx@xxx.com

• Put this in cron

#Backup reports

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -html -report list_sessions -timeframe 24 24 -email xxx@xxx.com

# Media report

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -html -report used_media -timeframe 24 24 -email xxx@xxx.com

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -html -report used_media_extended -timeframe 24 24 -email xxx@xxx.com

# Session Flow Report

/opt/omni/bin/omnirpt -report session_flow -timeframe 168 168 -html -email xxx@xxx.com

Children
No Data