DP 9.01 and ESX 5.5 GRE hanging

I've been working on getting DP 9.01 installed and the VMware GRE integration working.  I have the vcenter server properly imported, I can do backups and full machine restores out of the DP GUI.

But now, when I go into the VM web client, and go to the Data Protector plug-in, the web client cursor changes to a clock and I never get the list of available options.  The attached screen shot should show what I'm seeing.

Any idea what is getting hung up?  There was a time I could continue... seems it went out to lunch when I did, but it (unlike me) never came back.

Ken

Parents
  • Hi Ken,

We had just the same.  The solution was to remove all of DP from vCenter via the server's Windows Control Panel, then remove vCenter client from cell and follow the install procedure as documented - on CM GUI, install DA to vCenter, then import vCenter as a vCenter client, then add GRE web plug-in. 

In vSphere web client, it can be slow to bring up the options, sometimes it helps to refresh (both the circular arrow at the top, and the Refresh button on the DP tab page).

HTH - Good luck!

Ian

• Hi Ken,

We had just the same.  The solution was to remove all of DP from vCenter via the server's Windows Control Panel, then remove vCenter client from cell and follow the install procedure as documented - on CM GUI, install DA to vCenter, then import vCenter as a vCenter client, then add GRE web plug-in. 

In vSphere web client, it can be slow to bring up the options, sometimes it helps to refresh (both the circular arrow at the top, and the Refresh button on the DP tab page).

HTH - Good luck!

Ian

Children