create user on commandline

Hello!

My Cellmanager is installed on a windows system. So I do not have the file "omniusers" to create users.

But I have to be able to create users with command line.

Is their a possibility to do this?

rg

Hansi

Parents
  • Hello,

The file should be there if user interface has been installed.

Br,

J

• Hello

In DP Command-Line Userguide you will find this:

omniusers
    Adds or removes Data Protector users to or from an existing Data Protector user group, or lists the configured Data Protector users. This command is available on non-Windows systems with the Data Protector User Interface component installed.

I have windows and GUI installed! The file is not here.

Is their another possibility to add user with a script?

rg

Hansi

• Hi,

check in your windows cell manager. There you should find the omniusers file. If not open a DP support case to have it fixed.
    I have checked in the PC where I have installed the GUI but also on my PC there is not omniusers file. Unfortunately I have not a windows cell manager so I cannot check if it is there or not..

Regards

Dionisio

• wrote:

This command is available on non-Windows systems with the Data Protector User Interface component installed.

The documentation is very clear. The omniusers command does not exist on Windows clients, regardless if the User Interface is installed or not. If you don't mind you could use a Linux or UNIX client (with the installed User Interface) to manage the users. Just make sure the user on the remote client exists in the UserList and has the admin rights.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

• wrote:

This command is available on non-Windows systems with the Data Protector User Interface component installed.

The documentation is very clear. The omniusers command does not exist on Windows clients, regardless if the User Interface is installed or not. If you don't mind you could use a Linux or UNIX client (with the installed User Interface) to manage the users. Just make sure the user on the remote client exists in the UserList and has the admin rights.

Regards,
    Sebastian Koehler

Children