HP Data Protector 8, IDB Problem backup - Error while running the PSQL script

Hi

 

I have a Cell Manager (HP DP 8) in Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise, it was working fine, i just made some integration, some jobs and everything was look fine, but suddenly i did try to run a IDB jobs and i got this error

 

[Critical] From: OB2BAR_POSTGRES_BAR@srv-cellman "DPIDB"  Time: 7/10/2013 10:56:15 AM
    Error while running the PSQL script

 

Please Any help

 

Regards

 

 

Parents Reply Children
  • I discovered the following behaviour:

     

    -"Dirty" upgrade from DP6.2 to 8: IDB corruption, completely not able to backup (because it was corrupted)

     

    -Clean upgrade from DP6.2 to DP8: (cleaned the DP6 DB, removed some very old systems that popped up, etc.): IDB fine, unable to backup: [Critical] From: OB2BAR_POSTGRES_BAR@srv-cellman "DPIDB"  Time: 7/10/2013 10:56:15 AM
        Error while running the PSQL script

     

    -I then exported the DP8 database, created a new, clean one (omnidbinit -force), retried the backup with a new writer, still the same error.

     

    -Test DP8 virtual machine (clean install): IDB backs up fine.

     

    Seems like HP needs to release a patch that allows you to backup the IDB after an upgrade from an older version of DP. Until that time, we are back to DP6.2. We need our backups working, already spent 4 days upgrading to DP8 which ultimately failed.

  • I've had a bit of luck with the following:

     

    omnidbutil -remap_dcdir 

    omnidbutil -fixmpos 

    omnidbutil -remap_dcdir

     

    One of my customers had a version 7 system which was upgraded to version 8; the database wouldn't back up after that because of corruption issues. The above three commands appear to have been the fix for it.

     

    A symptom of that problem was that when I ran an IDB backup without the database check first, it gave a different error: "

    cannot synchronise media management and catalog database".

     

    This is a different problem, I think to the 1314 error found in the debug.log.