Data Protector Q&A Session from Virtual Universe 2020

1 Likes
over 1 year ago

Micro Focus Virtual Universe Q&A – Data Protector

legacy schedule to new schedule migration?

Q: In the future will there be a conversion program to migrate from the legacy schedule to the new scheduler? We had many problems utilizing the new scheduler and had to fall back to the legacy scheduler.

A: A migration tool exists today. Check ou the "omnidputil -migrate_schedules" command in the CLI Reference Guide (on DocOps)

reporting server with various cell managers with different licensing?

Q; Can I use the reporting server with various cell managers with different lincensing? eg: 1 cell manager with traditional licensing 1 cell manager with Express Edition and 1 cell manager with Premium edition?

A: Yes you can have different systems using the same Reporting Server However, only MoM configurations show consolidated data, others show up standalone.

Backup

Q: For backup data encryption: can you please explain the handling of encryption keys on CM for encrypted backups?

A: If DP internal encyption is used the keys are stored in a very secure place of the IDB. Can be exported (backed up) and imported. This also works for LTO Tape encryption. Some vendors also offer external key mananement. In that key DP is not handlign the keys at all.

Can I backup a System running the Reporting Server using DP?

Q: Can I backup a System running the Reporting Server using DP?

A: Yes, Reporting Server is based on PostgreSQL. You can use the DP Integration Agent to backup/restore.

Rollback feature in DP

Q: Is it possible to implement a rollback feature in DP that can be rolling back to original state if upgrade to knew version was failed ?

A: Rollback can be addressed by using snapshots (if the CM is a VM!), or by restoring the IDB backup you have done right before the upgrade.

Tags:

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Webinars
Comment List
Anonymous