CP to Export list of items with metadata in a CSV

2 Likes
over 1 year ago

ControlPoint allows the data analysts to export a list of items in a CSV file with the desired associated metadata.

Go to the report, as known as category, in the list of items. Select those you want to export in the list.

image.png

Go to ACTIONS and select EXPORT.

image.png

You get a CSV file with all items selected.

image.png

To customize the columns, go to ADMINISTRATION >>> SETTINGS >>> GENERAL >>> FIELDS >>> ITEMS PROPERTIES.

image.png

You can add or remove fields that are exported in the CSV file.

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Comment List
Anonymous
Parents
  • Thanks Colin. I have already done the exact same steps, but the results are coming zero byte files and non-zero byte files.

1) General > Fields > Rule Builder and add Filesize [Map to column AU_Document_FileSize_Bytes]

2) Restarted the engine service and can able to select the drop down from the new category now as File Size.

3) Category > New and under  Training > Field Text : File Size is Equal to 0

Note: I am using CP 5.8 version. It looks weird behavior. Anything missing here?

My understanding is that this Category is something dynamic query CP will create  and execute against Database and return the results based on what we are adding. Is that any other option to enable trace or check behind the scene what is happening as I could't get much information from the Indexer logs.

Comment
  • Thanks Colin. I have already done the exact same steps, but the results are coming zero byte files and non-zero byte files.

1) General > Fields > Rule Builder and add Filesize [Map to column AU_Document_FileSize_Bytes]

2) Restarted the engine service and can able to select the drop down from the new category now as File Size.

3) Category > New and under  Training > Field Text : File Size is Equal to 0

Note: I am using CP 5.8 version. It looks weird behavior. Anything missing here?

My understanding is that this Category is something dynamic query CP will create  and execute against Database and return the results based on what we are adding. Is that any other option to enable trace or check behind the scene what is happening as I could't get much information from the Indexer logs.

Children
No Data