Exclude a file from scan

1 Likes

ISSUE:

ControlPoint allows to exclude files when scanning sources. The graphical interface gives the possibility to exclude file extensions. What if I want to exclude a specific file.

Annotation 2020-04-30 141928.png

HOW TO STEPS:

The connector configuration file gives you more granularity in what you can exclude.

Open the connector configuration file (.cfg).

Go to the task section of the repository: e.g. [TaskMyRepository]

Add the PathCantHaveRegex parameter. In the following example, we exclude "thumb.db" files AND all pdf files.

PathCantHaveRegex0=.*thumb\.db
PathCantHaveRegex1=.*\.(pdf)

Note that you can have multiple parameters with the number at the end.

Also note that when you use these manual adds in the configuration file, you should not use anymore the field in the graphical interface as this will conflict.

See also the file system connector documentation: https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/idol/IDOL_12_3/FileSystemConnector_12.3_Documentation/Help/index.html#Configuration/TaskName/PathCantHaveRegex.htm

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Comment List
Parents
  • Any update? Will put in Simplified term to understand the controlpoint behaviour:

1) I ran the policy and dispose all documents as expected from Legacy File Share. I ran the report to confirm and it is fine.

2) I verified the table to confirm the DocumentStatus changed to 16 and it was fine.

SELECT count(*) as "Documents Deleted"
    FROM "Metadata"."Document" with (nolock) WHERE "RepositoryId" = XX
    AND NOT "LDCMD5" IS NULL AND "DocumentStatus" = 16

3) Only one lnk file left over after policy execution and I understand that due to settings as "as "url and lnk" and these files excluding from the policy execution.

4) I clicked the lnk file directly from the legacy share, it is removed. But, Repository under managed [ XX ] still shows 1 items. [Note: Legacy share it is empty now] . I ran the Incremental scan the repository and no effect and still shows 1 items. I ran full the full scan and the it shows now 0 items. 

5) All the records from MetaData table deleted belongs to that repository[XX]. But, I can see those entries now into [ControlPointMetadata].[AuditDocumentEventArchive] && [ControlPointMetadata].[AuditDocumentEvent].

Question:

Is this expected behaviour or anything missing here? I thought , CP keep track the meta Data entries in "Metadata.Document" as well for our reference with the flag 16.

Thanks  inadvance

Comment
  • Any update? Will put in Simplified term to understand the controlpoint behaviour:

1) I ran the policy and dispose all documents as expected from Legacy File Share. I ran the report to confirm and it is fine.

2) I verified the table to confirm the DocumentStatus changed to 16 and it was fine.

SELECT count(*) as "Documents Deleted"
    FROM "Metadata"."Document" with (nolock) WHERE "RepositoryId" = XX
    AND NOT "LDCMD5" IS NULL AND "DocumentStatus" = 16

3) Only one lnk file left over after policy execution and I understand that due to settings as "as "url and lnk" and these files excluding from the policy execution.

4) I clicked the lnk file directly from the legacy share, it is removed. But, Repository under managed [ XX ] still shows 1 items. [Note: Legacy share it is empty now] . I ran the Incremental scan the repository and no effect and still shows 1 items. I ran full the full scan and the it shows now 0 items. 

5) All the records from MetaData table deleted belongs to that repository[XX]. But, I can see those entries now into [ControlPointMetadata].[AuditDocumentEventArchive] && [ControlPointMetadata].[AuditDocumentEvent].

Question:

Is this expected behaviour or anything missing here? I thought , CP keep track the meta Data entries in "Metadata.Document" as well for our reference with the flag 16.

Thanks  inadvance

Children
No Data
Related
Recommended