This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DVA dispalying weird symbols & corrupted attachements

Novell support provided patch gw14.2.2-125121 to fix webaccess buttons(reply, forward etc...) that weren't working from an iPad. The pach fixes the issue but it breaks the DVA. When you want to download an attachment(pdf, docx etc) it gets downloaded but when you try to open it it says is corrupted.
When you click on View the document you get all these weird symbols!! Anf of course there is no support from Novell for this. They suggested to put it in here in the forums. Can't wait to move away from GroupWise sadly to say.

So anyway I had to revert all our webaccess servers to the prior install(that doesn't work from iPads) I attached some pics any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you


  • Hi Ramiro,

    I am sorry that this is you experience. Please clarify something for me... Micro Focus engineers specifically told you to get resolution to your issue in the forums? Please let us know.

  • Yes this is the response:

    Unfortunately you will need to open a regular service request. If you do not have a support contract you can post in the forums to get peer to peer help.

    I understand that there is no technical support for this TID. But I was given the patches to fix something which it did but broke something else :(

    This is from the original request:

    SR #: 101031712978

    SR Severity: Medium

    SR Brief Description: NO TECHNICAL Support SR for TID 7018146 patch and file

    Last Action on SR: I installed this patch. Now my two webaccess one in Linux and one in windows are messed up. The document viewers do not render properly, if I download any attachment it says is corrupted!! Please help
  • Hi Ramiro,

    It is my understanding that the engineers have requested you open a regular service request for assistance for this issue and that only if you can't open a service request to seek peer to peer assistance in the forums.

    My first suggestion is that you do open a service request.

    Further to that I will do some investigation and let you know if I find anything.

  • Ramiro,

    I can confirm that behavior.

    The released GW 2014 R2 SP1 HP1-Version (Build 124595) of Webaccess has problems with iOS10 (on iPad Air 2 in my case). You even can't write an email. No reaction after pressing the new-mail-button.
    So I tried build 125134 on the Webaccess-Server with the same results you have (but iOS10 on the iPAD is working...). And in my case Webacc destroyed the mail after answering or forwarding it (the content of the sent email is not readable anymore, only funny symbols.).

    I switched back to HP1 for now as well.

    If I have time, I will open a SR in the next days.

  • On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 08:16:02 GMT, hme0
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the "help"

    These forums are peer help...not MicroFocus tech support. Sounds like
    you have an FTF that isn't publicly released yet. MicroFocus support
    said to open an SR. Do that and they should be able to help you
    resolve it. Getting sarcastic with someone in the forums isn't going
    to help your situation.


    Create and vote for enhancements!
  • Hi folks,
    same issue here. We applied a Micro Focus FTF for WebAccess regarding the iOS 10 UI issue.
    Behaviour shows weird chinese or whatever symbols when forwarding an email via WebAccess on Mac (Sierra) and Win 7 PC, attachments in WebAccess can't be opened and seem to be corrupt on Mac (Sierra) machines.
    Attachments can be opened on Win 7 machines.

    Workaround on Mac (Sierra): use simple Text mails (no HTML)

    Hope this information helps...
    Best regards
  • Hi,

    I'm busy making enquiries in the background - will post back information as I receive it.

  • Same issue here after updating all components to 125121 due to ios10 issue. Reverted just the webaccess component back to 124917 (the one referred to in TID7018146 that contains the ios10 fix) and OK again. An annoyance which this build has introduced is the customer reports now is that in webacc there is a "click here to display images" banner text which has to be clicked each time, but that is a minor and separate matter.
  • Hi folks,
    having applied FTF 125209 resolved the issue here this morning!

    Best regards