Pushing Accepted Appointments to a Google Calendar

0 Likes

Problem

For some reason you can't get to Groupwise WebAccess, or for some reason your company hasn't set up Groupwise Mobile - therefore you need a way to view your accepted GroupWise appointments.

Solution

Here are the steps for pushing out your accepted GroupWise appointments to your Google Calendar:

1. From GroupWise, create a rule like this:

"When event is Filed to Calendar folder and if condition is Appointment, Add Action to Delegate to: name@gmail.com Comments to recepient:GWDelgate"

2. From gmail, create a filter where the search criteria is from your GroupWise email address, name@source.domain, and has the words GWDelegate.

3. Set the action to "Delete it".

Note: I was able to then set up gmobilesync, http://rareedge.com/gmobilesync/, to sync my Google calendar to my Windows Mobile 5 device and thus my GroupWise Calendar. Version 1.4 of the app will include the ability to schedule a sync.

Comment List
Parents
  • We checked with our GW expert in Support, and she said that it's possible that the syncing could stop working if you upgraded from one GroupWise client to another. You might want to ask your help desk if they recently upgraded.

Another idea she had was that Google might have changed something on their end. But that would affect a lot of people. Has anyone else seen this?
Comment
  • We checked with our GW expert in Support, and she said that it's possible that the syncing could stop working if you upgraded from one GroupWise client to another. You might want to ask your help desk if they recently upgraded.

Another idea she had was that Google might have changed something on their end. But that would affect a lot of people. Has anyone else seen this?
Children
Related
Recommended