After configuring a GroupWise Restore Area on a Windows Server for a Post Office on a Linux server, the GroupWise Windows client displays the error "GroupWise Error , Failed to connect to a remote network resource" , after selecting File | Open Backup.
Assumption for this technical document:
- That the Windows share will be created in the folder: C:\po
- That the login to the Windows Server will be 'Administrator' to avoid permissions problems with the creation and use of the Windows share.
- That the GroupWise Post Office is on a Linux server and the Remote Storage Area will be on a Windows server.
- That the term "GWAC" is the "GroupWise Web Administration Console" in the browser.
- That the Windows share name used in this example will be called: "cdrive" .
- That an empty path will be created on the GroupWise Linux server in folder: /mail/po, This will be the
intended mount point for the files mounted thru CIFS to the Windows server.
Follow these steps to successfully allow the user to perform a File | Open Backup in the GroupWise Windows client and connect to the Remote Storage Area.
In the GWAC, select "Post Offices" | click on the <Post Office> that mail will be restored to | click on the Settings tab | the "Remote User Name" and "Remote User Password" does NOT have to be filled out with values for this operation to succeed. Also in the startup file for the Post Office, <poName.poa>, normally in the Post Office directory, does NOT have to have enabled the Remote Connection "--user" and "--password" switches with any values. These lines can begin with the ";" character ( disabled ).