Who can benefit from this tool:
* Any test team wanting to create user LDIFs and to use for LDAP Directory testing.
* System test team where scalability of millions of objects are tested and they require huge LDIFs for testing; these template and data files create million of user object LDIFs.
* Deployment teams who do proof of concepts for million object trees and they will be requiring huge LDIFs.
* Template can be modified according to Individual requirement
* One million LDIFs can be generated in less then 3 minutes
* The sample template will create users with 16 attributes with user password under a container.
Dirload Template and data files for generating User LDIFs for test teams.
1) Install admin utilities of eDirectory 8.7.3 and above on any of the Linux/Unix platforms.
2) Extract the tar file; it will create a folder named "ldif-template" and extract all the data and template files under this directory.
3) change your current directory to $extract_location/ldif-template
4) Use the command
#ice -S load -f ./sample-template -D ldif -f ./users.ldif
4a) users.ldif is the LDIF file created and the sample-template is the template used to create the users.
5) sample-template can be customized, please refer to the eDirectory admin guide [ Novell Import Conversion Export Utility , Dirload section ] for more details.
Customizing the sample-template
1) Objectcount = No of user objects to be created, Currently it is set at one million. User can modify according to requirement.
2) [ dn: cn=$A(givenname)_$A(sn),ou=users,o=organization ] ou=users,o=organization is the dn, Please modify this value based on your requirement.
3) You can comment the lines you don't require, for example - if you want users without password, comment[ #userpassword: novell ]