First Look at What's Coming in Next Version of Storage Manager for Active Directory

0 Likes
over 5 years ago
This week I had the opportunity to sit down with the lead engineer for Storage Manager and get an early look at some of the impressive work that's being done to the upcoming release of the Active Directory version of Storage Manager. I managed to get a few screen shots that I wanted to share. Be aware that the product is still being developed and some of these screens could still change.

Interface Makeover
Tasked with rebranding the product from "Novell Storage Manager" to "Micro Focus Storage Manager," the engineering team took the time to not only rebrand the interface, but make a lot of improvements in the process.

As part of the Micro Focus re-branding effort, the administrative interface has been redesigned with streamlined access to features and options. As part of the Micro Focus re-branding effort, the administrative interface has been redesigned with streamlined access to features and options.

New Features
There are some exciting new features being introduced in Micro Focus Storage Manager for Active Directory including file grooming that is not dependent on a policy, "Action Blocks" that let you share vaulting and grooming rules among policies, and a new Cross-Empire Data Migration option that lets you migrate data from one Active Directory forest to another.

I'll be writing more extensively on these new features when the product is released.

Policies can now utilize the already-defined grooming or vaulting specifications of an Action Block to vault or groom data, rather than having to define those specifications in the Storage Manager policy. Policies can now utilize the already-defined grooming or vaulting specifications of an Action Block to vault or groom data, rather than having to define those specifications in the Storage Manager policy.

Data grooming can be conducted on any network location, without the need for a policy. Data grooming can be conducted on any network location, without the need for a policy.

Labels:

New Release-Feature
Comment List
Anonymous