"Client read failed. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"

Hi everyone.

I'm getting a most unusual error.   I'm trying to set the disposition on a container to "Active".   It runs for a while, then fails with the error

"Function request (Execute Transaction) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server 'act-trimwg2' failed. Client read failed. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. (0x00002745)."

I haven't seen this before.   It only ran for a little while (about a minute) before failing.   Has anyone seen this?

We're running TRIM 7.1.0 #1157

Thanks!

Matt

Parents
  • I've seen it before but not when performing this operation.

Is this the only way the error is received, are all other functions able to be performed from that client machine?

• Yes, this is the only time I've seen this error and "everything else" (according to my limited imagination) is working fine.   A couple of observations, though:

(1) while the operation is running, these no dialog window.  There's a message in the status bar area (lower-left) of the TRIM GUI, though - that's unusual for TRIM. 

(2) two records inside the container that I'm updating are related parts, both together in the same container.  So there is a pop-up when the operation starts, saying "The Record being archived has a contained Record (2007/3498-01) that is related to other Records" and "The Record being archived has a contained Record (2007/3498-02) that is related to other Records"

There are also some interesting things in the workgroup server logs when this is running - according to the WG, the client actually appears to log out a couple of times during the process.   That's also pretty strange.

Thanks!

• Verified Answer

Matthew,

I've had an issue changing Disposition in the past when the Container had a lot of records contained within.

Maybe this is an issue for you as well?

In my case, I had to move some contents to another Container.

Note that HP recommends no more than 300 items in any Container.

Regards,
    Tamara
  • I've seen strange disconnects like this when the TRIM client and server aren't on the same version, especially if the client's on an older version/build than the server. Worth checking.

• Definitely the same versions - 7.1.0 #1157

• I tried breaking the task up by moving sub-containers out into a separate container and moving them back one by one.   This time I got a different error!

"Function request (Execute Transaction) for HP TRIM Workgroup Server 'pcbr01vtrim01' failed. Server did not respond with pingback messages within the expected time."

Reply Children