RM8.1.1 and Outlook - Send-to function: Application Hang

We are running RM8.1.1 and Outlook 2010 and on occasions RM8 will crash when either using the Outlook Send-To or Drag & drop from Outlook functions. The Windows Application Events log records it as an Application Hang (AppHangB1) trim.exe. The same issue did happen from time to time with TRIM 7.2 prior to our recent upgrade. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Parents
  • Do you know if there is an email dialogue box that might have appeared behind other Windows?

Can you elaborate on the drag and drop issue that you have? Just the steps that you follow to have the freeze happen.

• Thanks Greg

With the Send-To from RM8 to Outlook it works sometimes and is quick & efficient. When it hangs, the process is:

Select the file, select Send To, select type to attach (ie tr5 file) via pop-up window, then waiting for Outlook to produce the Email with reference. RM8 in the meantime is (Not Responding) and needs to close.  Some time (1/2 hour plus) later, Outlook will generate the Email with the tr5 or document attached, ready to send. The email usually appears even if you have closed RM8. The Online Security Log records "Communication Added".  Windows Application Log records:

The program TRIMDesktop.exe or TRIM.exe version 8.1.1.7760 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

With Drag and Drop, the user who has had that happens is sure the Document window was not hidden. The only other RM8 Error I can find is Application Error relating to time stamp issue.

Her clock has been fixed.  Whether that caused problem with Drag & drop I'm not sure. I have asked user to replicate steps next time she experiences this issue with Drag & drop from outlook.

Thanks, Julia

• Thanks Greg

With the Send-To from RM8 to Outlook it works sometimes and is quick & efficient. When it hangs, the process is:

Select the file, select Send To, select type to attach (ie tr5 file) via pop-up window, then waiting for Outlook to produce the Email with reference. RM8 in the meantime is (Not Responding) and needs to close.  Some time (1/2 hour plus) later, Outlook will generate the Email with the tr5 or document attached, ready to send. The email usually appears even if you have closed RM8. The Online Security Log records "Communication Added".  Windows Application Log records:

The program TRIMDesktop.exe or TRIM.exe version 8.1.1.7760 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed.

With Drag and Drop, the user who has had that happens is sure the Document window was not hidden. The only other RM8 Error I can find is Application Error relating to time stamp issue.

Her clock has been fixed.  Whether that caused problem with Drag & drop I'm not sure. I have asked user to replicate steps next time she experiences this issue with Drag & drop from outlook.

Thanks, Julia

Children