How to protect a record in RM 8.3?

Hi, I'm new to RM and I'm using version 8.3. I need to know how I can protect a rcord so users can not make changes to it. Can you help me.

I would also like to know how I can create users and assign them rights.

Thank you very much.

Aldo.

Parents
  • Depends on what you mean by protect, you can restrict access to a single user or you can make final so no more updates can be added yet all users with access can still see it in the client.

There are a few different ways to create locations (users) might not be the best way to learn over a forum post (training with CM certified training would be better). But a really simple way is to copy an existing location and "use profile of" to copy the security settings.

• Depends on what you mean by protect, you can restrict access to a single user or you can make final so no more updates can be added yet all users with access can still see it in the client.

There are a few different ways to create locations (users) might not be the best way to learn over a forum post (training with CM certified training would be better). But a really simple way is to copy an existing location and "use profile of" to copy the security settings.

Children
No Data