Testing RM8.1 Permission changes ( Upgrade from HP TRIM 7.3.4)

Hi,

In my testing of RM8.1 I came to a Permission changes ( Upgrade from HP TRIM 7.3.4)

It looks like a complex issue, meaning, huge changes from one system to the other.....

I exported Permissions for all User Types in HP TRIM 7.3.4, and RM8.1 into MS Excel and now I started to compare what has changed. E.g. For Information Manager / Records Manager, some privileges are unticked, or ticked.... so the upgrade will influence this; in HP TRIM information manager had 80 permissions tagged/ticked, and in RM8.1 Records manager have 39 tagged ... Information worker had 37, in RM8.1 it has 48..... etc...

Also, the main difference for Information Worker/ Records Co-Ordinator, the option "DELETE" record is not ticked ( meaning, users would not be able to delete Personal Document) ... Not sure what would happen when we tag that option.... anyway, who is going to check if everything is tagged in RM8.1 environment .. (Everyone would expect that tagged permissions would stay as per 7.3.4)

The major changes in our case is that Custom user type is gone, and we have in 7.3.4 a certain Profile (Custom one, with some admin privileges) for some enginering branch , and in my testing/development environment they all became Administrators????? 200 of them or so .... Cost issue here now and in future?

Ok, one question:  We do not allow our Information Workers to delete/remove revisions (as we are controling that from the Record type permissions) and in HP TRIM 7.3.4 there was no such permission under the User Type Information Worker as: Remove previous revisions or Remove renditions , and in RM8.1 there is ... So, which one has higher power..? The User or record type permissions...

There will be probably more questions on permissions, but the lunch time is apporaching...

Regards

Tags:

Parents Reply Children
No Data