Problem with workgroup servers in CPe CM Enterprise Studio

Hi all,

As part of our upgrade to HPe CM 9.1.914, I am building the new app servers.  I have a primary workgroup server (old phrasing I know, but concept still lives on!) and an event server.

On the primary WG server, using the Enterprise Studio I have configured the licenses and added this workgroup server.  However when I deploy it shows a status of "Awaiting Deployment".  I'm not sure what this means.

And for some reason it also shows that the event server service isn't started (which it is) "Service not started".

See attached image.

Parents
  • The first 3 things I check with these types of errors:

1. Enterprise Studio - "Run As Administrator".

2. Check account used - Domain account on both, or if local accounts same id/password.

3. Windows (or other) Firewall.

Generally, that gets most problems of this type sorted :-)

Mike.

• wrote:

The first 3 things I check with these types of errors:

1. Enterprise Studio - "Run As Administrator".

2. Check account used - Domain account on both, or if local accounts same id/password.

3. Windows (or other) Firewall.

Generally, that gets most problems of this type sorted :-)

Mike.

Got those all covered.  I always run Enterprise Studio as adminstrator, and I'm logged in with the trim service account.  That account is a member of the local administrators group.  And lastly I've disabled the domain and private firewall options in Advanced Firewall.

• Have you tried starting the WGS via services.msc?

Check the logs, there might be an error causing it to fail.

• wrote:

Have you tried starting the WGS via services.msc?

Check the logs, there might be an error causing it to fail.

I have restarted the WGS, and both are definitely running.

Here is excerpt from the TRIMWorkgroup.log :

---

Deployment: Received new config file from <unknown> at PROD-CMAPP.
    01:16:38:904          0    --        - - - Reloading the server - - -
    01:16:39:920          0    --        Could not load HPE Content Manager Workgroup Server configuration information. The Server PROD-CMEVENT is unregistered. Use HPE Content Manager Enterprise Studio to add the server. The HPE Content Manager Workgroup Server will start and await a deployment from HPE Content Manager Enterprise Studio.

---

• I'm just going off the picture at the top, have you added a dataset?

Reply Children