TRIM 7.10.1132 and Office 2010 integration

Hi all,

I've just got a VM going to test TRIM v7.1 and Office 2010 integration.

Windows 7 x64, TRIM 7.10.1132.

In TRIM, I configured the integration as per the screenshots I've attached.  (NOTE: I know the Word button is unchecked, but I did check it... more to follow)

However, integration is not working.  In Word, if you manage the COM Add-ins via the Add-Ins option, you get an error about the HP TRIM Add-in for Microsoft Office, that says:

Load Behavior: Not loaded.  A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in.

Whats happening?

Parents
  • We have a mixed environment currently -  Server 6.2.4  with a few TRIM 7.1.0.1132 Clients

Installed on the 7.1 client computers:

Windows 7 (64 bit)

MS Office 2010 (32 bit)

TRIM 7.1.0.1132 (32 bit)

We first tried to get the bits matching as recommended but 64 bit TRIM caused enough problems in the first 1/2 hour that we decided to try the 32 bit version..

Been testing for a week now and Email integration is fine - can send from TRIM, drag and drop emails into TRIM or use the icons  found under the Add-in Tab in Outlook.  Even integrates with Excel documents to save them directly into TRIM!!   The best TRIM has worked for us actually - no Outlook crashes or emails stuck in the Outbox  (but then it has only been a week).

Cheers all

• We have a mixed environment currently -  Server 6.2.4  with a few TRIM 7.1.0.1132 Clients

Installed on the 7.1 client computers:

Windows 7 (64 bit)

MS Office 2010 (32 bit)

TRIM 7.1.0.1132 (32 bit)

We first tried to get the bits matching as recommended but 64 bit TRIM caused enough problems in the first 1/2 hour that we decided to try the 32 bit version..

Been testing for a week now and Email integration is fine - can send from TRIM, drag and drop emails into TRIM or use the icons  found under the Add-in Tab in Outlook.  Even integrates with Excel documents to save them directly into TRIM!!   The best TRIM has worked for us actually - no Outlook crashes or emails stuck in the Outbox  (but then it has only been a week).

Cheers all

Children
  • Thanks Anne,

The new integration really is a much better solution than we've ever had before and makes the whole process a lot less painful.

I just wish we had developed this sooner instead of waiting for 7.1!

• wrote:

We have a mixed environment currently -  Server 6.2.4  with a few TRIM 7.1.0.1132 Clients

Hi Anne,

You might want to be aware that someone discovered recently using a 7.1 client against a 6.2 server can cause saved searches to be reported as corrupt when anyone still using a 6.2 client tries to use them. This happens if someone edits them using a 7.1 client.

• Thanks Neil - I'll go copy details of some of my complex saved searches so I don't have to reinvent the wheel !

One thing I have discovered with the mixed environment -  emails saved on the 7.1 client with Vista and Office 2007 don't open correctly on the 6.2.4. client - emails have a bit of html and gobbly **bleep** in the text but are readable still but attachments are not always able to be opened on a 6.2.4. client - no logic, some do, some don't.  

However (talk about mixed environments here !) emails saved by a client with 7.1, Office 2010 and Windows 7 and TRIM 7.1 appear to open perfectly well on the 6.2.4 client. 

Fun and games !

• Here is the word from Microsoft:

64-bit editions of Office 2010

Updated: February 10, 2011

Processors that are 64-bit are becoming the standard for systems that range from servers to desktop computers. The 64-bit systems can use more virtual and physical memory than 32-bit systems. This lets users work with much larger data sets than they could previously, and to analyze and solve large computational problems. Microsoft Office 2010 introduces native 64-bit versions of Microsoft Office products to take advantage of this larger capacity. For example, this additional capacity is needed only by those Microsoft Excel users who require Excel spreadsheets that are larger than 2 gigabytes (GB). The 32-bit version of Office 2010 provides the same functionality and is also compatible with 32-bit add-ins. Therefore, the 32-bit version of Office 2010 is installed by default.

Office 2010 also provides support for 32-bit Office 2010 applications that run on 64-bit Windows operating systems by using Windows-32-on-Windows-64 (WOW64). WOW64 is the x86 emulator that enables 32-bit Windows-based applications to run seamlessly on 64-bit Windows systems. Office 2010 lets users continue to use existing Microsoft ActiveX Controls, Component Object Model (COM) add-ins, and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), which are primarily 32-bit because no 64-bit versions are available yet for many add-ins. Supporting 32-bit Office 2010 applications that run on 64-bit operating systems allows for better compatibility with controls, add-ins, and VBA.

The recommendations for which edition of Office 2010 to install are as follows:

• If users in your organization depend on existing extensions to Office, such as ActiveX controls, third-party add-ins, in-house solutions built on previous versions of Office, or 32-bit versions of programs that interface directly with Office, we recommend that you install 32-bit Office 2010 (the default installation) on computers that are running both 32-bit and 64-bit supported Windows operating systems.
    • If some users in your organization are Excel expert users who work with Excel spreadsheets that are larger than 2 gigabytes (GB), they can install the 64-bit edition of Office 2010. In addition, if you have in-house solution developers, we recommend that those developers have access to the 64-bit edition of Office 2010 so that they can test and update your in-house solutions on the 64-bit edition of Office 2010.

This article applies to the current release of Office 2010. For a visual representation of this information, see 64-bit Client Installation of Microsoft Office 2010 (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=168620), which includes supported scenarios, deployment considerations, and an overview of the Setup process.

• Hi Everyone,

What are the solution for this as I am also having the same problem. User currently using Window 7 64 bits, Office 32 bits and I installed trim 6.2.4 which 32 bits right?

But as I open the Outlook, the addin cannot be load 

Not loaded.  A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in. 

I have so many time install and uninstall TRIM and follow all the steps to install TRIM but still it appear the same problem.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

• You didn't mention which version of Office you're using.  The Trim_spec document will say which versions are compatible.

• Trim 6.2.4 is too old, it only supports Office 2007 and older.