TRIM Web Client - Ins & Outs?

Hi Everybody,

The organisation I work for is looking into mobility and allowing staff members to access their work functions wherever they are, over laptops, tablets and smart phones.
I've had zero exposure to TRIM web client, so I was hoping you could give me some info as to the limitations of the web client, things that need to be considered or at least point me in the right direction to find this info.

After colleting info, my next step would be testing.

Thank you for your help :)

Parents
  • Hi,

The Webclient is a great way for users to access records, register records and perform other day to day actions in TRIM. It is also helpful where a full installation is not possible on the machine being used.

There are some limiting factors, such as some of the right mouse click functions in particular admin options are not available.

The Webclient tends to be used as an addition to an organisation, with some users able to be fully capable on the WC and others, such as admins still requiring the full client.

• Hi Greg,

Webclient sounds like it is exactly what we are looking for, users being able to perform their basic day-to-day task when they aren't in the office.

I'm assuming the user just types in the url and goes? How does authenticating work?

More than likely we'll be implementing this after we upgrade to RM8.2

• Hi Greg,

Webclient sounds like it is exactly what we are looking for, users being able to perform their basic day-to-day task when they aren't in the office.

I'm assuming the user just types in the url and goes? How does authenticating work?

More than likely we'll be implementing this after we upgrade to RM8.2

Children