Offline Folders not updating

Some of our users are having intermittent issues with their offline folders in the RM8 client not updating to reflect files added to the underlying folder through Windows explorer. Normally a file added to the folder will show up in the client within a minute or so, but occasionally the new file won't show up for days.

Version 8 Build 0.1.6752

I can recreate the problem by adding an empty folder to the offline folder through windows explorer, this seems to cause the RM8 client to be unable to update the file list for offline folders until I explicitly drop a file in through the client.

Is this behaviour fixed in a later version? Even an error message in the client saying "invalid object found in offline folders" would be better than silent failure.

Parents
  • Hi Darren

Can be possible if you can list the complete steps for this issue? I would like to replicate it by my end using my VM's.

In that way I can check if the issue is appearing in new releases of RM.

Regards

• Delete all contents from the Offline Records folder using Windows Explorer
     In my case I delete all files from Documents\Offline Records (D1)\

Start HP Records Manager client (TRIM.exe)
     Select Offline Records from Trays
     Note there are no documents listed
     Leave HP Records Manager client open

In Windows Explorer
     Copy a document into Documents\Offline Records (D1)\
      I am using a file called "Darren Test A.docx"

In HP Records Manager client
     Refresh search
     Note there are still no documents listed
     Wait 5 minutes
     Close Offline Records and reopen from Trays
     Note there are still no documents listed (ERROR)
     Now close HP Records Manager client

Reopen HP Records Manager client
     Note that the test document is now listed

In Windows Explorer
     Copy a second document into Documents\Offline Records (D1)\
      I am using a file called "Darren Test A (2).docx"

Refresh search
     Note that the second test document is now listed
     Now close HP Records Manager client

In Windows Explorer
     Create a folder in Documents\Offline Records (D1)\
      I am using a file called "New Folder"

Reopen HP Records Manager client
     Note that the two test documents are listed

In Windows Explorer
     Copy a second document into Documents\Offline Records (D1)\
      I am using a file called "Darren Test A (3).docx"

Refresh search
     Note that the third test document is not listed
     Wait 5 minutes
     Close Offline Records and reopen from Trays
     Note there the third test document is not listed (ERROR)

• Great... I was able to reproduce the first error in RM 8.2, however i'm unable to reproduce the second one by my end. I was able to see the 3 files and 1 folder created without any issue.

It takes around 20 seconds to get the Offline Records screen refreshed and the files listed over there.

But I'm able to reproduce the first issue reported.

My best advice will be to create a support ticket and report this behavior to R&D. If possible, send the link of this topic to the assigned engineer and they should be able to contact me, in order to speed up the proccess. Regards

• Great... I was able to reproduce the first error in RM 8.2, however i'm unable to reproduce the second one by my end. I was able to see the 3 files and 1 folder created without any issue.

It takes around 20 seconds to get the Offline Records screen refreshed and the files listed over there.

My best advice will be to create a support ticket and report this behavior to R&D. If possible, send the link of this topic to the assigned engineer and they should be able to contact me, in order to speed up the proccess. Regards

Children
No Data