AppManager Version Management Reporting - Version 7.1.1.2

0 Likes
over 11 years ago
UPDATED NOT (12-02-2010):

Fixed issue with UNIX Version value getting cuttoff in report output of Agent Version Report.

Updated Version number to Version 7.1.1.2 for each of the reports for better tracking of changes and enhancements.

Added in the KS Version value to the Home Page of the resulting report.

UPDATED NOTE(7-01-2010): I have updated an issue where the SQL Script would not run, install the required stored procedures, on SQL Server Databases that are Case Sensitive.

UPDATED NOTE(4-23-2010): I have discovered an issue with running these reports against AppManager 6.0x environments. I am updating the Stored Procedure to resolve this and will post an updated soon.

This package contains the following components to assist customers with managing deployed AppManager Agent, Modules, and Knowledge Script versions. This package also includes a document that walks through the Module upgrade process, and how to install the AppManager Version Management Reports.

AppManager Version Management Reports Setup package contents:

· AM_Version_Management_V7.1.1.2.sql

1.       This is a SQL Script that will create the stored procedures used by the Version Management reporting Knowledge Scripts. Execute this SQL script in SQL Management Studio against the AppManager Repository "QDB". This will create the below stored procedures:

a.     _AM_Version_Summary_Report - This stored procedure gives an overview of the currently deployed AppManager Agents, Modules, and KS Versions.

b.     _AM_Version_Agent_Report - This stored procedure analyzes the AppManager Agent Versions Currently Deployed, and subsequent list of Agents for the discovered versions.

c.     _AM_Version_Module_Report - This stored procedure creates a default list of Deployed Modules, and subsequent lists of Agents with the Deployed Modules.

d.     _AM_Version_KS_Report - This Stored procedure creates a default list of Deployed KS Categories, and subsequent lists of KSs with detailed Version information.

2.       Check in the following Knowledge Scripts into the Operator Console or Control Center Console.

a.      Discovery_AppManager.qml

i.    1. This is the knowledge script that is deployed to the AppManager Windows Agents to collected currently installed Agent Version information, as well as other useful AppManager Agent information.

b.     · AMADMIN_AM_Version_Summary_Report.qml

i.    This is the AppManager Version Management Report that provides a status overview, counts, of currently deployed Agents, Modules, and Knowledge Scripts.

c.     AMADMIN_AM_Version_Agent_Report.qml

i.    This is the AppManager Version Report that provides details on the currently deployed AppManager Agent Versions, including the analysis of which systems are at a lower version then the highest version deployed in the environment.

d.     AMADMIN_AM_Version_Module_Report.qml

i.    This is the AppManager Version Report that provides details on the currently deployed AppManager Module Versions, including the analysis of which systems have a lower module version installed that is a lower version then the highest version deployed in the environment.

e.     AMADMIN_AM_Version_KS_Report.qml

i.    This is the AppManager Version Report that provides details on the currently deployed AppManager KS/Job Versions, including the analysis of which Knowledge Scripts are at a lower version then the linked Knowledge Script version currently stored, installed, on the AppManager Repository Database

3.       Deploy the Discovery_AppManager KS on each of the Agents Systems, for best practice, perform this steps in groups of 10-15 servers at a time, with waiting for job to complete before starting or deploying next group. 

4.       Deploy each of the above AppManager Report Jobs to the designated AppManager Report Agent.

NetIQ does not test or validate any software, code or other materials provided in, on or through NetIQ Cool Solutions (collectively, "Materials"), so please use caution when downloading or accessing any Materials from Cool Solutions and ensure that you have reasonable and current security, spyware and anti-virus measures in place on your computer and/or network prior to downloading. Additionally, do not use any Materials downloaded from Cool Solutions in any production environment without first testing the Materials to ensure they are compatible with your version of NetIQ software or any other hardware or software present in your network or environment. Cool Solutions is not a substitute for authorized NetIQ support and should not be used as such. NETIQ COOL SOLUTIONS AND ANY MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS, AS-AVAILABLE BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. By downloading this file, you are agreeing to these terms of use. To report a problem please contact: coolguys-netiq@netiq.com. Your use of Cool Solutions is governed by the Cool Solutions Terms and Conditions. https://www.netiq.com/communities/coolsolutions/terms-and-conditions/

Labels:

How To-Best Practice
Comment List
Anonymous