How to add a Dashboard Folder?

Hi All,

I would like to add a Dasboard Folder including a Dropdown Menue within the Report Tab?

Can anyone tell me how to get this?

Thanks,

Tobias

Tags:

Parents Reply Children
  • Well, there are more than one options how to do that and it depends on your needs.

In case you want to remove it completely so nobody can access it it's the simplest way and then:

1. As Administrator go to Administration->Customization->Customize UI - this will switch you to customization mode
    2. From the floating toolbar select Manage UI Roles
    3. Edit Default UI Role and uncheck the Reports Tab and save and you ared done

If you wan tto remove this tab just for some selected users than it's little bit more complicated but basically the same:

1. As Administrator go to Administration->Customization->Customize UI - this will switch you to customization mode
    2. From the floating toolbar select Manage UI Roles
    3. Create new UI Role and pick jsut the tabs you want to be shown
    4. In The floating toolbar exit customization mode
    5. Go to Administration->User Management->Roles
    6. Create new role, assign it your new UI role you've just created and check allows login option

Now you have 2 options. Either you can create new domain and hide reports only in this domain or you want to hide this tab in each domain for selected users and for the others to show it.

First is simple:

1. In Administration->User Management->Domains create new domain and give it default role the role you created in previously in step 6
    2. Now only people who can access this domain without Administrator permissions will not see reports tab

Second example is little bit more complex:

1. In Administration->User Management->Domains edit Top-level Domain domain and give it default role the role you created in previously in step 6
    2. Create or use group of users or particular users which will be allowed to see reports and then on Top-level Domain in Roles section assign them to Catalog User role (this will override the default role set in domain specifiation)

Last but not least I'm writing this from my head so please just take it as a concept and play with it and in case something goes wrong feel free to contact me again :).

Also please be sure you have regular user to try this settings. With Administrator you will always see everything so changes above won't affect this role.

Thank you,
      Petr

• Okay thanks for that complete answer good to know, but I should have been more precise... Sorry :(

Actually I wanted to remove a specific report which I have created before.

See the screenshot below:

• OK, I see :). Then it's simple.

1. As Administrator switch to customization mode in Administration->Customization->Customize UI
    2. Go to Reports Tab and at the toolbar with the reports click customization button
    3. Look for your section or report and simply remove it from the XML

Best regards,
      Petr