There is a default values section in the Change Model record where we can define the default values that will be auto-filled in a Change record when Change Model is provided in the Change.
Our specific issue is with the Description field in the Change record. When this field is pre-filled with some value before we fill the Change Model then the default values defined in Change Model do not apply to the Change record.
In the below image, we filled the description field before filling Change Model
Now we filled Change Model but the description value did not change as per Change Model default values.
Steps to reproduce the issue
1. Go to any Request record and click on More as shown below
2. Click on Create change from the record. A new Change form will open.
3. Observe that the Description is auto-filled.
4. Now fill the Change Model, and choose one that has default values for the Description defined.
5. Observe that the description field does not change.