Event CI resolution - attribute issues

Hi

I'am trying to do related ci resolution of interfaces by using the interface attribute interface_index. I use the following hint:

"interface:13@@172.16.43.38"

which results in the following CI resolution info:

AmbiguousResolution: 15 matching CIs
Ambiguous Ci: GigabitEthernet0/0/1 (UCMDB:fecf511bedd34534fe2520518ecb3c12)
Ambiguous Ci: Wlan-Radio0/0/0 (UCMDB:e3ef1ad15d824b43534627253d1dde569d1)
Ambiguous Ci: NULL0 (UCMDB:dbb2d21ea974c547e31ef335463f90759)
Ambiguous Ci: GigabitEthernet0/0/3 (UCMDB:cd4029ac537434a465d505062f44f16)
Ambiguous Ci: GigabitEthernet0/0/2 (UCMDB:c8fe063d62534311c2329e7b67b1da8f)
Note: Hint "interface:13@@172.16.43.38" did not match.
Unsuccessful CI resolution: Fallback to host.

I've also tried "interface.interface_index:13@@172.16.43.38" but this might not be valid syntax for hints because it goes directly to host.

We recently did the sync of interface-indexes from NNMi (about 24hours ago) could there be a problem with the updating of the resolver cache? I have looked into the ci-resolver settings and we are not ignoring any of these attributes.

Any idea of what could be causing this? Any tips on how to debug?

regards ludvig

Parents
  • Hello Ludvig,

If you suspect that the CI resolver cache needs to be reloaded you can try to do it from the JMX:

DPS:29922/mbean

java.lang.String reloadCache

customerID is 1 and context is "opr" if BSM is 9.2x

Although that this looks to me more of a not proper hint rather than resolver cache not updated correctly.

In JMX console there is an MBean where you can submit a CI hint and it will try to resolve it:

1-        Open JMX console on the DPS server at http://DPS:29922

2-        Select opr.ciresolver:name=CiResolverMBean

3-        resolveHint

This JMX method you can use to try different hints and see which matches you target CI.

But what I would do is to check the CI properties of these CI IDs you see as ambiguous and make sure that the hints you sent are unique and not present in all CIs. A good practice would be to use as less hints as possible as long as the hints are able to find unique CI. So if possible try to use only the @@hot hint or name@@host trying to avoid using the CIT in the hint since this puts a lot of load on the resolver.

Best Regards,

Rosen

• Hello Ludvig,

If you suspect that the CI resolver cache needs to be reloaded you can try to do it from the JMX:

DPS:29922/mbean

java.lang.String reloadCache

customerID is 1 and context is "opr" if BSM is 9.2x

Although that this looks to me more of a not proper hint rather than resolver cache not updated correctly.

In JMX console there is an MBean where you can submit a CI hint and it will try to resolve it:

1-        Open JMX console on the DPS server at http://DPS:29922

2-        Select opr.ciresolver:name=CiResolverMBean

3-        resolveHint

This JMX method you can use to try different hints and see which matches you target CI.

But what I would do is to check the CI properties of these CI IDs you see as ambiguous and make sure that the hints you sent are unique and not present in all CIs. A good practice would be to use as less hints as possible as long as the hints are able to find unique CI. So if possible try to use only the @@hot hint or name@@host trying to avoid using the CIT in the hint since this puts a lot of load on the resolver.

Best Regards,

Rosen

Children
No Data