Monitor not Alerting "On Good"

Hi Experts,

I am testing a new monitoring environment, (SiS 11.23) that will send alerts to HPOM, and I am trying to ensure that I get an indication (good alert/event) that things are working correctly when these Windows monitors are first deployed.

I have configured 3 alerts with the same Trigger actions: 

Alert on status Good  - Once, after condition has occurred exactly 1 times

Alert on status Warning - Once, after condition has occurred exactly 1 times

Alert on status Error - Once, after condition has occurred exactly 1 times

(I have configured a separate alert for CPU to trigger an error - Once, after condition has occurred exactly 5 times.)

I have switched off "Send Events" in the monitor's  "HP Integration Settings" and switched it on in the alerts.

With this configuration, I would expect to get an alert for the appropriate status when these monitors are first deployed. So in this case, with all monitored items working, I would expect a "Good" alert/event to be sent to HPOM.

For some reason this is not happening for some monitors, e.g.  two of the 11 services, (Browser and LanManServer)CPU,  and Dynamic Disk.

I have checked for the missing services in the HPSiSIntegration Log file and can see the entries have arrived with the expected "good" condition but these do not seem to be getting sent to HPOM.

Can you think of any reason for these alerts not arriving at the HPOM Java console while others do?

Thanks 

Tags:

Parents Reply Children