CPU Status utilization values

The CPU utilization reported in the Summary column and in the reports generated by the CPU monitor found in Solution Templates -> Microsoft Windows Host -> Windows monitors for $$SERVER_DISPLAY_Name$$ is consistently reporting utilization percentage values in the low 20's to low 40's for every core on my NNMi and BSM servers until I click on "Run Monitor" in the Dashboard tab for a given Remote Server.  Then the run results popup window and the summary column show most cores with zero utilization with one or two cores having a low non-zero value which matches what I see in the Task Manager CPU page.  Please reference attached file.

Is this expected behavior or an anomaly?

Tags:

Parents Reply Children
  • I have tried both NetBIOS and WMI connection methods (where I'm not constrained to one or the other due to deployed monitors).  Seems to make no difference.

What has appeared to make a difference is chainging the monitor rate to something other than the default 10 minutes.  I've got 6 different servers and have used 6 different rates below 10 (e.g.,  9, 8, 7, 3, 1, etc) and any value other than 10 seems to "work."

I'm going to switch them all back to 10 minutes and see what effect that has.

• I have tried both NetBIOS and WMI connection methods (where I'm not constrained to one or the other due to deployed monitors).  Seems to make no difference.

What has appeared to make a difference is chainging the monitor rate to something other than the default 10 minutes.  I've got 6 different servers and have used 6 different rates below 10 (e.g.,  9, 8, 7, 3, 1, etc) and any value other than 10 seems to "work."

• Verified Answer

Changing the montior rate back to 10 minutes for every server did not break whatever it was that was fixed by changing the rate off of the default value.

Also, using NetBIOS is not supported with this solution monitor, I have to use WMI (SSH is not configured).

Bummer is I can't use log file monitor because it requires NetBIOS, not WMI.

Kind of a pain, having to choose between montiors as a function of connection method.

Regardless, problem solved!

Steve.

• Verified Answer

Changing the montior rate back to 10 minutes for every server did not break whatever it was that was fixed by changing the rate off of the default value.

Also, using NetBIOS is not supported with this solution monitor, I have to use WMI (SSH is not configured).

Kind of a pain, having to choose between montiors as a function of connection method.

Steve.

• Verified Answer

Steve.