BSM 9.20 How to export CI`s (ci with any ci type) with all attribute values to a file

Hello all!

BSM 9.20 How to export CI`s (ci with any ci type) with all attribute values to a file (for example xml) and import ci to a different separate UCMDB Server.

I know that i can export ci`s from Ci Type manager->Show CIT instances menu, but this feature can export only attributes from current class (it not include attributes rom subclasses)? so i need to export ci`s fo each class.
Sombody know any other better ways to export all ci`s iclude attribute values from all classes?

Parents
  • If you are asking about export/import of actual CIs rather than CITs, you are on a totally wrong track. Such CI export/import, more known as topology synchronization, between 2 BSM and/or UCMDB instances of 9.x, is done with appropriate integration adapter that is provided OOB along with corresponding integration point in the Integration Studio (you may need to edit it, of course, depending on which CIs you want to sync from source to target). Everything is well explain in the product documentation for both UCMDB and BSM, so read it first.

• I mean the first import CIT`s then import CI`s from our test deployment server to customer test deployment server.
    No network connection between this servers.

• Well, if there is no network connection between the source and the target it's too bad. It will mean lots of work for you.

CITs export/import is done through Package Manager under RTSM Admin. And that piece doesn't require a network connection. You just create a package, add all necessary resources to it and export. The result is a .zip file that you can import on the target side through similar Package Manager. That's easy.

To export actual CIs you could use e.g. UCMDB to XML Adapter. It's available starting with UCMDB 9.04 CUP3. As you work with BSM 9.20 that has UCMDB 9.05 under the hood that adapter should be available for you. Using it you can create an XML file containing all CIs you want to export to another system. But on the target side you will need to import all CIs from that XML file. There is no OOB Import from XML job. So you would need either to use UCMDB API to create a simple client to get data from XML and insert it into UCMDB. Or somehow convert XML format to e.g. CSV or Excel and use OOB Import from Excel/CSV jobs. There maybe other options as well, so what I mentioned is not an exclusive list, but rather some hints.

• Well, if there is no network connection between the source and the target it's too bad. It will mean lots of work for you.

CITs export/import is done through Package Manager under RTSM Admin. And that piece doesn't require a network connection. You just create a package, add all necessary resources to it and export. The result is a .zip file that you can import on the target side through similar Package Manager. That's easy.

To export actual CIs you could use e.g. UCMDB to XML Adapter. It's available starting with UCMDB 9.04 CUP3. As you work with BSM 9.20 that has UCMDB 9.05 under the hood that adapter should be available for you. Using it you can create an XML file containing all CIs you want to export to another system. But on the target side you will need to import all CIs from that XML file. There is no OOB Import from XML job. So you would need either to use UCMDB API to create a simple client to get data from XML and insert it into UCMDB. Or somehow convert XML format to e.g. CSV or Excel and use OOB Import from Excel/CSV jobs. There maybe other options as well, so what I mentioned is not an exclusive list, but rather some hints.

• hi dimitry

the exported  xml file (generated by ucmdb to xml adapter) is usable by hp bsm connector topology XML?

• XML file itself doesn't matter, it's topology script that parses the file that matters. So you have to create your own topology script that will parse your XML file.

• XML file itself doesn't matter, it's topology script that parses the file that matters. So you have to create your own topology script that will parse your XML file.

• Hi Dimitry,

We are on BSM 9.23 and I could not find UCMDBtoXML adapter in RTSM. I have attached the screenshot of the options I get in integration adapters in RTSM.

Can we get this feature by installing a CP or is there any other way we can export CIs in excel or XML or text format?

• Hi Dimitry,

We are on BSM 9.23 and I could not find UCMDBtoXML adapter in RTSM. I have attached the screenshot of the options I get in integration adapters in RTSM.

Can we get this feature by installing a CP or is there any other way we can export CIs in excel or XML or text format?

• Hi Dimitry,

Reply Children